Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
This is a commonly used substance with well known effects, but that does not guarantee the substance will be safe. The safety profile has been established based on usage data commonly reported by others.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
5-MeO-MiPT Also known as:
ine, 5-methoxy-N-me[ACD/Index Name] thyl-N-(1-methyleth yl)-
indol-3-yl)ethyl]-N[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] -methyl-2-propanamin
indol-3-yl)ethyl]-N[ACD/IUPAC Name] -methyl-2-propanami ne
indol-3-yl)éthyl]-N[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] -méthyl-2-propanami ne
indol-3-yl)ethyl]-N -methylpropan-2-ami ne
DOL-3-YL)ETHYL](MET HYL)(PROPAN-2-YL)AM INE
ine,5-methoxy-N-met hyl-N-(1-methylethy l)-
YL-?N-?(1-?METHYLET HYL)-?1H-?INDOLE-?3 -?ETHANAMINE
- 5-methoxy MiPT
N-isopropyl tryptam ine
N-(1-methylethyl)-1 H-Indole-3-ethanami ne
N-isopropyl Tryptam ine
- MFCD04972085[MDL number]
- MFCD07437975[MDL number]
indol-3-yl)ethyl)-N -methylpropan-2-ami ne
ndole-3-yl)ethyl-N-[ACD/IUPAC Name] methylpropan-2-amine
l-5-methoxytryptami ne, free base
A potent, stimulating psychedelic tryptamine, sometimes compared to 5-MeO-DiPT. Has an unusually strong body component and weak visual effects. Often said to be very empathogenic.
5-MeO-MiPT is chemically related to tryptamines like 5-MeO-DMT and 5-MeO-DiPT. It produces its psychoactive effects through activity at serotonin receptors in the brain. The synthesis and pharmacology of 5-MeO-MiPT was first reported in 1985 by David Repke and Alexander Shulgin.
Its effects in humans was documented in Shulgin’s book TiHKAL (“Tryptamines I Have Known and Loved”). Anecdotal reports describe 5-MeO-MiPT’s effects as highly stimulating and mildly entactogenic, lacking in typical psychedelic visual distortions. Many users report strong physical and tactile effects that serve to enhance libido and sexual pleasure.
An unpleasant “body load” is also often reported at common to high doses, marked by muscle tension and nausea. Very little is known about the pharmacological properties, metabolism and toxicity of 5-MeO-MiPT, and it has a limited history of human use. It has been sold online as a research chemical.
It is highly advised to use harm reduction practices when using this substance.
Tryptamines share a core structure comprised of a bicylic indole heterocycle attached at R3 to an amino group via an ethyl side chain.
5-MeO-MiPT is substituted at R5 of its indole heterocycle with a methoxy (MeO) functional group CH3O−; it also contains a methyl group and an isopropyl chain bound to the terminal amine RN of its tryptamine backbone (MiPT). 5-MeO-MiPT is the N-substituted isopropyl homologue of 5-MeO-DMT.
|Avg. Mass||246.348 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||246.173218 Da|
|5-MeO-MiPT Duration Data|
At low to moderate doses, the cognitive effects of 5-MeO-MiPT are often described by many as both insightful and moderately relaxing, but at some points quite stimulating. 5-MeO-MiPT produces a large number of typical psychedelic cognitive effects which progressively intensify proportional to dosage. At higher dosages, however, it becomes primarily sedating and impairing with depersonalization and no accompanying insight.
- Analysis enhancement
- Empathy, affection, and sociability enhancement - This effect is consistently manifested only in the context of social settings in which one is within the company of others. These feelings of sociability, love and empathy are a little weaker and less sharp than those found on substances such as MDMA and 2C-B but still prove strong enough to provide long-lasting therapeutic effects.
- Depersonalization - Unlike most traditional psychedelics, 5-MeO-MiPT can cause extreme depersonalization and dissociation for some users throughout the duration of the experience.
- Conceptual thinking
- Increased music appreciation
- Emotion enhancement
- Increased libido
- Memory suppression
- Novelty enhancement
- Personal bias suppression
- Thought acceleration
- Thought connectivity
- Time distortion
5-MeO-MiPT’s psychedelic effects are believed to come from its efficacy at the 5-HT2A receptor as a partial agonist and additional mechanisms of action such as the inhibition of MAO (i.e. digestive enzymes in the stomach) have also been speculated upon, though this has yet to be demonstrated scientifically.
- Stimulation - At doses below 10 to 15mg, 5-MeO-MiPT produces a degree of stimulation comparable to that of LSD.
- Spontaneous bodily sensations - The "body high" of 5-MeO-MiPT can be described as a pleasurable, warm, soft and all-encompassing glow. This may be accompanied by a cold, sharp tingling sensation that manifests spontaneously at different unpredictable points throughout the experience, although for others can maintain a consistent presence that steadily rises with the onset and hits its limit once the peak has been reached.
- Nausea - Nausea is commonly reported and can sometimes result in vomiting, although it typically fades after the come up phase. In comparison to 5-MeO-DiPT, this substance has a much lower tendency to trigger unpleasant physical reactions.
- Bodily pressures
- Abnormal heartbeat
- Increased heart rate
- Increased blood pressure
- Stomach bloating - At higher doses, this compound can induce severe stomach bloating within those who are susceptible. This can be partially to fully mitigated through the use of antacids.
- Pupil dilation
5-MeO-MiPT can be taken via oral ingestion or it can be smoked. When ingested orally, the visual and sensory effects are reported to become more prominent. The experience can be broken up into two stages; the first half feels stimulating and entactogenic whilst the second half feels more similar to a traditional tryptamine psychedelic like psilocybin mushrooms or LSD. When smoked, the physically and cognitively stimulating effects become emphasized.
- Drifting (Melting, Breathing, Warping and Flowing) - In comparison to other psychedelics, this effect can be described as highly detailed, slow and smooth in motion and static in appearance.
- After images
- Symmetrical texture repetition
- Colour shifting
- Scenery slicing
The visual geometry produced by 5-MeO-MiPT can be described as more similar in appearance to that of Psilocin, 4-AcO-DMT or ayahuasca than that of LSD or 2C-B. It can be comprehensively described through its variations as intricate in complexity, abstract in form, organic in feel, brightly lit, multicoloured in scheme, glossy in shading, equal in blurred and sharp edges, large in size, fast in speed, smooth in motion, equal in rounded and angular corners, non-immersive in depth and progressive in intensity. At higher dosages they are significantly more likely to result in states of level 8B visual geometry over level 8A.
5-MeO-MiPT produces a full range of high level hallucinatory states in a fashion that is more consistent and reproducible than that of many other commonly used psychedelics.
- Internal hallucination (autonomous entities; settings, sceneries, and landscapes; perspective hallucinations and scenarios and plots) - In comparison to other psychedelics such as LSD, 5-MeO-MiPT is extremely high in hallucinations at appropriate dosages. These are more common in darkness and can be comprehensibly described through their variations as lucid in believability, interactive in style, new experiences in content, autonomous in controllability, geometry-based in style and almost exclusively of a personal, religious, spiritual, science-fiction, fantasy, surreal, nonsensical or transcendental nature in their overall theme.
- Florida: 5-MeO-MiPT is a Schedule I drug in Florida.
- Louisiana: 5-MeO-MiPT is a Schedule I drug (as of June 2013).
- Minnesota: Minnesota banned a series of drugs including 5-MeO-MiPT.
- Repke, D. B., Grotjahn, D. B., & Shulgin, A. T. (1985). Psychotomimetic N-methyl-N-isopropyltryptamines. Effects of variation of aromatic oxygen substituents. Journal of medicinal chemistry, 28(7), 892-896. PMID: 4009612
- The effects of non-medically used psychoactive drugs on monoamine neurotransmission in rat brain (ScienceDirect) | http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0014299906013811
- Psychotomimetic N-methyl-N-isopropyltryptamines. Effects of variation of aromatic oxygen substituents | http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jm00145a007
- The effects of non-medically used psychoactive drugs on monoamine neurotransmission in rat brain. (PubMed.gov / NCBI) | https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17223101
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors, opioid analgesics and serotonin toxicity | http://bja.oxfordjournals.org/content/95/4/434
- Erowid China Psychoactive Law Update: September 2015 | https://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/law/countries/china/china_law_2015_09_27_list_of_newly_controlled_chemicals.pdf
- Finland's Prohibited Psychoactive Substances: December 19, 2014. https://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/law/countries/finland/finland_law1_2014.pdf
- "Verordnung zur Änderung der Anlage des Neue-psychoaktive-Stoffe-Gesetzes und von Anlagen des Betäubungsmittelgesetzes" (PDF) (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Anlage NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "§ 4 NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- Noteikumi par Latvijā kontrolējamajām narkotiskajām vielām, psihotropajām vielām un prekursoriem (Triptamīni) | http://likumi.lv/doc.php?id=121086
- Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (Legislation.gov.uk) | http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1971/38/schedule/2/part/I/paragraph/3
- Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (Legislation.gov.uk) |http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1971/38/schedule/2/part/I#reference-M_F_c7632653-ddad-4420-f307-e3da1e36d30e
- The 2015 Florida Statutes - Title XLVI CRIMES - Chapter 893 - DRUG ABUSE PREVENTION AND CONTROL | http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0800-0899/0893/Sections/0893.03.html
- 5-MeO-MiPT Legal Status by Erowid | https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/5meo_mipt/5meo_mipt_law.shtml
- 2015 Minnesota Statutes | https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=152.02
- 1717 CheMall HE052626
- 1717 CheMall HE226932
- AK Scientific 6735AC
- AKos AKOS015918822
- Alichem 96096-55-8
- Amadis Chemical A845542
- American Custom Chemicals Corp CHM0079957
- Ark Pharm, Inc. AK-40608
- Aurora Fine Chemicals A30.256.521
- Aurora Fine Chemicals K19.150.732
- BePharm B104411
- BGS International BG04265087
- BGS International BG04265088
- Biosynth I-7975
- Cayman Chemical 11482
- Cayman Chemical 11482.0
- ChEMBL CHEMBL172139
- ChemIDplus 96096558
- Chemspace CSC016999035
- DiscoveryGate 2763156
- eMolecules 976971
- eNovation Chemicals K58621
- EPA DSSTox DTXCID90164605
- Erowid 5meo_mipt
- FDA UNII - NLM L0P1807EUY
- Finetech Industry FT-0656387
- iChemical EBD46018
- Jalor-Chem S14-0568
- LabNetwork LN01325179
- Laboratory Chemical Safety Summary 2763156
- Letopharm LT0119218
- Mcule MCULE-4897502136
- MuseChem R057566
- NIST Spectra mainlib_335457
- OXchem AX8104411
- PubChem 2763156
- PubMed 16876302
- PubMed 17223101
- Springer Nature Direct-heating headspace solid-phase microextraction for the screening of illicit drugs
- Springer Nature Metabolism and toxicological analyses of hallucinogenic tryptamine analogues being abused in Japan
- Springer Nature Simultaneous determination of tryptamine analogues in designer drugs using gas chromatographyu2013mass spectrometry and liquid chromatographyu2013tandem mass spectrometry
- SynChem a164
- VulcanChem VC275525
- Wikidata Q4412834
- Wikipedia 5-MeO-MiPT
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.