Psychoactive Research chemicals are new synthetic substances that are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Research on the effects of, and treatment for, abuse of these drugs is limited due to the fact that they’re fairly new and have avoided mainstream notice. Research chemicals do not have a lot of human consumption data, and thus harm-reduction and special care should be taken if choosing to ingest them.
Psychedelics are drugs which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality, otherwise known as hallucinations. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might see images, hear sounds or feel sensations. These chemicals offer some of the most intense psychological experiences and care should be taken when ingesting them.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most power and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
Practice Harm Reduction. Proceed with Caution.
Also known as:
ine, 5-methoxy-N,N-[ACD/Index Name] di-2-propen-1-yl-
- 5-MeO-DALT solution
- MFCD11655942[MDL number]
hoxy-1H-indol-3-yl)[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] ethyl]-2-propen-1-a min
hoxy-1H-indol-3-yl)[ACD/IUPAC Name] ethyl]-2-propen-1-a mine
hoxy-1H-indol-3-yl)[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] éthyl]-2-propén-1-a mine
hoxy-1H-indol-3-yl) ethyl]prop-2-en-1-a mine
I-?2-?PROPEN-?1-?YL -?1H-?INDOLE-?3-?ET HANAMINE
- 5-MeO-DALT (5-Metho
- 5-MeO-DALT (5-Metho
xy-N,N-diallyltrypt amine) 1.0 mg/ml in Acetonitrile
- 5-methoxy DALT
indol-3-yl)ethyl]-N -prop-2-enyl-2-prop en-1-amine
indol-3-yl)ethyl]-N -prop-2-enylprop-2- en-1-amine
ndole-3-yl)ethyl-N-[ACD/IUPAC Name] (prop-2-en-1-yl)pro p-2-en-1-amine
hoxy-1H-indol-3-yl) ethyl)prop-2-en-1-a mine
A strange drug with an unknown mechanism of action. Some psychedelic effects alongside some effects non-characteristic of psychedelics like appetite enhancement. Reported as having rapid, intense and short acting entheogenic effects.
It is structurally related to tryptamines like 5-MeO-DiPT and DALT, although it is reported to produce distinct effects. 5-MeO-DALT was first synthesized by Alexander Shulgin, who sent the first material regarding the synthesis and effects to a researcher in May 2004. This material was subsequently circulated online and the compound soon appeared on the online research chemical market.
In August 2004, the synthesis and effects of 5-MeO-DALT were officially published by Erowid. Reports linked to the detection of 5-MeO-DALT began to surface in 2007. Anecdotal reports characterize the effects of this substance as being primarily physical in nature, lacking the characteristic visual distortions or perceptual depth of most psychedelics.
Its headspace has been described as “shallow,” albeit suited for sexual contexts due to its potent stimulating and libidinous effects. It is also reported to produce more uncomfortable cardiovascular effects such as increased blood pressure and heart rate relative to other psychedelics. This has raised questions about possible toxicity associated with long-term or heavy uses.
Very limited data exists about the pharmacological properties, metabolism, and toxicity of 5-MeO-DALT, and it has a very short history of human use. It is highly advised to use harm reduction practices if using this substance.
It contains two allyl groups bound to the amino group and a 5-methoxy group bound to the indole ring of tryptamine.
It is a structural analog of DALT and 5-MeO-DiPT.
5-MeO-DALT is an off-white powder at room temperature.
|Avg. Mass||270.3694 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||270.173218 Da|
Interactions and Synergies
There are no existing interaction or synergy data for this drug.
|Effects||Euphoria, empathy, insight, brightened colour, Closed/Open eye visuals, enhanced tactile sensation, mental/physical stimulation, decreased appetite, pupil dilation, restlessness, change in perception, ego softening, sweating/chills, muscle tension, confusion, insomnia.|
|Marguis Test Result|
5-MeO-DALT acts as a 5-HT2A partial agonist. The psychedelic effects are believed to come from its efficacy at the 5-HT2A receptors. However, the role of these interactions and how they result in the psychedelic experience remains the subject of ongoing scientific investigation.
Disclaimer: The effects listed below are cited from the Subjective Effect Index (SEI), which relies on assorted anecdotal reports and the personal experiences of PsychonautWiki contributors. As a result, they should be taken with a healthy amount of skepticism. It is worth noting that these effects will not necessarily occur in a consistent or reliable manner, although higher doses (common+) are more likely to induce the full spectrum of reported effects. Likewise, adverse effects become much more likely on higher doses and may include serious injury or death.
- Spontaneous physical sensations - The "body high" of 5-MeO-DALT can be described as a motionless, constant, sharp and all-encompassing tingling sensation. This maintains a consistent presence that steadily rises with the come up and hits its limit once the peak has been reached.
- Tactile enhancement
- Increased heart rate
- Increased blood pressure
- Temperature regulation suppression
- Pupil dilation
The headspace of 5-MeO-DALT is described by many as one which is both insightful and relatively normal in its thought processes even at moderate to high doses.
- Analysis enhancement
- Conceptual thinking
- Emotion enhancement
- Increased libido
- Increased music appreciation
- Memory suppression
- Novelty enhancement
- Personal bias suppression
- Thought acceleration
- Thought connectivity
- Time distortion
- Drifting (melting, flowing, breathing and morphing) - In comparison to other psychedelics, this effect can be described as simplistic, slow and smooth in motion, static in appearance and unrealistic in style.
- Colour shifting
- Symmetrical texture repetition
The visual geometry that is present throughout the experience can be described as more similar in appearance to that of AMT than that of LSD, 2C-B or 2C-I. It can be comprehensively described as unstructured in its organization, synthetic in geometric style, intricate in complexity, small in size, slow and smooth in motion, colourful in scheme, glossy in colour, equally blurred and sharp in its edges and equally rounded and angular in its corners. It possesses a synthetic feel that is less impressive than most of the "classical" psychedelics at any level. It has yet to be confirmed whether this compound results in either level 8A or level 8B geometry at heavy doses.
- Florida: 5-MeO-DALT is a Schedule I controlled substance in the state of Florida, making it illegal to buy, sell, or possess.
- Brandt, S. D., Kavanagh, P. V., Dowling, G., Talbot, B., Westphal, F., Meyer, M. R., ... & Halberstadt, A. L. (2017). Analytical characterization of N, N‐diallyltryptamine (DALT) and 16 ring‐substituted derivatives. Drug Testing and Analysis, 9(1), 115-126. https://doi.org/10.1002/dta.1974
- "关于印发《非药用类麻醉药品和精神药品列管办法》的通知" (in Chinese). China Food and Drug Administration. 27 September 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Verordnung zur Änderung der Anlage des Neue-psychoaktive-Stoffe-Gesetzes und von Anlagen des Betäubungsmittelgesetzes" (PDF) (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Anlage NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "§ 4 NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "厚生労働省：平成１8年度無承認無許可医薬品等買上調査の結果について". Retrieved 2012-06-26.
- Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (Legislation.gov.uk) | http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1971/38/schedule/2/part/I/paragraph/3
- Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (Legislation.gov.uk) |http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1971/38/schedule/2/part/I#reference-M_F_c7632653-ddad-4420-f307-e3da1e36d30e
- Florida Statutes - Chapter 893 - DRUG ABUSE PREVENTION AND CONTROL
- 1717 CheMall HE056231
- 1717 CheMall HE226934
- 4C Pharma Scientific 4CH-007986
- A&J Pharmtech AJ-102842
- abcr AB436758
- ABI Chemicals AC2A00UY2
- Accel Pharmtech FB5161
- AChemo AC-78679
- Activate Scientific AS33478
- AEchem Scientific AE1-011687
- AK Scientific W9569
- AKos AKOS005145816
- Amadis Chemical A844374
- American Custom Chemicals Corp CHM0393660
- Angene AGN-PC-04XNH3
- Anward ANW-49667
- Apexmol AM20041417
- Ark Pharm, Inc. AK-27697
- Aurora Fine Chemicals A08.467.693
- Aurora Fine Chemicals K07.021.381
- BePharm 5-Methoxy-N,N-diallyl-1H-indole-3-ethanamine
- BePharm B158402
- BerrChem BR-27697
- Bide Pharmatech BD158402
- BindingDB 50435344
- BOC Sciences 928822-98-4
- Cambridge Chem B158402
- Cayman Chemical 10729
- Cayman Chemical 10729.0
- ChEMBL CHEMBL2391541
- ChemIDplus 928822984
- Chemspace CSC016987452
- EPA DSSTox DTXCID00161660
- Erowid 5-MeO-DALT
- FDA UNII - NLM UNII: V25VK0QTAA
- FDA UNII - NLM V25VK0QTAA
- Finetech Industry FT-0650146
- iChemical EBD31816
- LabNetwork LN00174933
- Letopharm LT0312231
- LGC Standards LGCAMP1275.07-11
- LGC Standards LGCFOR1275.07
- Manchester Organics U45857
- Matrix Scientific 073209
- Mcule MCULE-1523560051
- MolCore CS12230
- Molepedia M10082782P
- Molport MolPort-009-197-823
- MuseChem R052794
- Novochemy NC-6642
- OXchem AX8158402
- Rosewachem RW094879
- Ryan Scientific 047-92157
- Ryan Scientific 048-19090
- Ryan Scientific 077-47528
- Sigma-Aldrich CERILLIAN-M-165
- Sigma-Aldrich M-165
- Springer Nature A qualitative/quantitative approach for the detection of 37 tryptamine-derived designer drugs, 5 ??-carbolines, ibogaine, and yohimbine in human urine and plasma using standard urine screening and multi-analyte approaches
- Springer Nature Identification of a new synthetic cannabinoid in a herbal mixture: 1-butyl-3-(2-methoxybenzoyl)indole
- Springer Nature Simultaneous determination of tryptamine analogues in designer drugs using gas chromatographyu2013mass spectrometry and liquid chromatographyu2013tandem mass spectrometry
- Springer Nature Synthetic cannabinoids abused in South Korea: drug identifications by the National Forensic Service from 2009 to June 2013
- Tractus Company Limited
- VulcanChem VC247609
- Wikidata Q9134216
- Wikipedia 5-MeO-DALT
- Wonderchem WD04E4B
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks for ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.