Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
This is an Experimental Substance with little data. This is most likely because the substance is is not very old. Information is limite and incomplete.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
4-AcO-DET Also known as:
Rare drug that is of the tryptamine family, can be comparable to Psilocybin. Expected to quickly hydrolyzed into the free phenolic 4-HO-DET.
There is very little information on the human pharmacology or toxicity of 4-AcO-DET, although analytical methods have been developed for its detection. Today it is either used recreationally as a designer drug or as an entheogenic compound and is typically acquired through the use of online research chemical vendors. It remains relatively rare and has very little documented history of human usage.
4-AcO-DET is the acetylated form of 4-HO-DET (also known as ethocin) and is a higher homolog of 4-AcO-DMT and 4-AcO-MET. Like the aforementioned compounds, it is commonly hypothesized to act principally as a prodrug for their respective hydrolyzed counterparts (e. g.
4-HO-DMT, 4-HO-MET and 4-HO-DET). In theory, they would become inactive until they are deacetylated in the body, although there is on-going discussion as to whether they might display their own intrinsic activity.
Tryptamines share a core structure comprised of a bicylic indole heterocycle attached at R3 to an amino group via an ethyl side chain.
4-AcO-DET is substituted at R4 of its indole heterocycle with an acetoxy (AcO) functional group CH3COO−.
It also contains isopropyl and methyl chains bound to the terminal amine RN of its tryptamine backbone (DET). 4-AcO-DET is the N-substituted diethyl homolog of 4-HO-DMT (psilocin).
4-AcO-DET is the acetate ester analog of DET and the N-substituted diethyl analog of 4-AcO-DMT.
|Avg. Mass||298.3795 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||298.168121 Da|
Due to its relative obscurity, the possession and sale of 4-AcO-DET is unscheduled in most countries.
- 4-Acetoxy-DET - PubChem | https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/3-_2-_Diethylamino_ethyl_-1H-indol-4-yl_acetate#section=Top
- Talaie, H.; Panahandeh, R.; Fayaznouri, M. R.; Asadi, Z.; Abdollahi, M. (2009). "Dose-independent occurrence of seizure with tramadol". Journal of Medical Toxicology. 5 (2): 63–67. :10.1007/BF03161089. 1556-9039.
- "Sechste Verordnung über die den Betäubungsmitteln gleichgestellten Stoffe" (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Anlage I BtMG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "§ 29 BtMG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (Legislation.gov.uk) | http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1971/38/schedule/2/part/I/paragraph/3
- Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (Legislation.gov.uk) |http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1971/38/schedule/2/part/I#reference-M_F_c7632653-ddad-4420-f307-e3da1e36d30e
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.