Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
This is an Experimental Substance with little data. This is most likely because the substance is is not very old. Information is limite and incomplete.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
4-HO-DPT Also known as:
- 1H-Indol-4-ol, 3-[2
-(dipropylamino)eth[ACD/Index Name] yl]-
)ethyl]-1H-indol-4-[ACD/IUPAC Name] ol
)ethyl]-1H-indol-4-[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] ol
)éthyl]-1H-indol-4-[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] ol
- 4-hydroxy DPT
A psychedelic hallucinogenic first synthesized by alexander shulgin. At light doses it causes enhanced cognition and appreciation for things like art and music while high doses cause visuals. The drug is known to cause a bodyload.
Alexander Shulgin first synthesized 4-HO-DPT and documented it in his book TiHKAL (Tryptamines I Have Known and Loved). It is the 4-hydroxyl analog of DPT. Today it is either used recreationally or as an entheogenic compound and is typically acquired through the use of online research chemical vendors.
Due to the difficulty of its synthesis, it remains relatively uncommon even for a substituted tryptamine and has very little history of human usage.
Tryptamines share a core structure comprised of a bicyclic indole heterocycle attached at R3 to an amino group via an ethyl side chain.
4-HO-DPT is substituted at R4 of its indole heterocycle with a hydroxyl functional group OH−.
It also contains two propyl chains bound to the terminal amine RN of its tryptamine backbone (DPT). 4-HO-DPT is a 4-hydroxy analog of 4-AcO-DPT and the N-substituted dipropyl homolog of psilocin (4-HO-DMT).
|Avg. Mass||260.3746 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||260.188873 Da|
Due to its relative obscurity, 4-HO-DPT is unscheduled in most countries.
- Talaie, H.; Panahandeh, R.; Fayaznouri, M. R.; Asadi, Z.; Abdollahi, M. (2009). "Dose-independent occurrence of seizure with tramadol". Journal of Medical Toxicology. 5 (2): 63–67. :10.1007/BF03161089. 1556-9039.
- "Verordnung zur Änderung der Anlage des Neue-psychoaktive-Stoffe-Gesetzes und von Anlagen des Betäubungsmittelgesetzes" (PDF) (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Anlage NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "§ 4 NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (Legislation.gov.uk) |http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1971/38/schedule/2/part/I#reference-M_F_c7632653-ddad-4420-f307-e3da1e36d30e
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.