Psychoactive Research chemicals are new synthetic substances that are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Research on the effects of, and treatment for, abuse of these drugs is limited due to the fact that they’re fairly new and have avoided mainstream notice. Research chemicals do not have a lot of human consumption data, and thus harm-reduction and special care should be taken if choosing to ingest them.
Psychedelics are drugs which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality, otherwise known as hallucinations. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might see images, hear sounds or feel sensations. These chemicals offer some of the most intense psychological experiences and care should be taken when ingesting them.
Experimental drugs have extremely limited human consumption data. There is not enough reliable information about this substance. This is most likely because the substance is is not very old. Information on these substances is limite and incomplete. Please be cautioned. Always practice harm reduction.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most power and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
Practice Harm Reduction. Proceed with Caution.
Also known as:
- 1H-Indol-4-ol, 3-[2
-(dipropylamino)eth[ACD/Index Name] yl]-
)ethyl]-1H-indol-4-[ACD/IUPAC Name] ol
)ethyl]-1H-indol-4-[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] ol
)éthyl]-1H-indol-4-[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] ol
- 4-hydroxy DPT
A psychedelic hallucinogenic first synthesized by alexander shulgin. At light doses it causes enhanced cognition and appreciation for things like art and music while high doses cause visuals. The drug is known to cause a bodyload.
Alexander Shulgin first synthesized 4-HO-DPT and documented it in his book TiHKAL (Tryptamines I Have Known and Loved). It is the 4-hydroxyl analog of DPT. Today it is either used recreationally or as an entheogenic compound and is typically acquired through the use of online research chemical vendors.
Due to the difficulty of its synthesis, it remains relatively uncommon even for a substituted tryptamine and has very little history of human usage.
Tryptamines share a core structure comprised of a bicyclic indole heterocycle attached at R3 to an amino group via an ethyl side chain.
4-HO-DPT is substituted at R4 of its indole heterocycle with a hydroxyl functional group OH−.
It also contains two propyl chains bound to the terminal amine RN of its tryptamine backbone (DPT). 4-HO-DPT is a 4-hydroxy analog of 4-AcO-DPT and the N-substituted dipropyl homolog of psilocin (4-HO-DMT).
|Avg. Mass||260.3746 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||260.188873 Da|
Interactions and Synergies
There are no existing interaction or synergy data for this drug.
|Marguis Test Result|
Like with most psychedelic tryptamines, 4-HO-DPT is thought to act principally as a 5-HT2A partial agonist. The psychedelic effects are believed to come from 4-HO-DPT’s binding efficacy at the 5-HT2A receptors. However, the role of these interactions and how they result in the psychedelic experience continues to remain elusive.
Disclaimer: The effects listed below are cited from the Subjective Effect Index (SEI), which relies on assorted anecdotal reports and the personal experiences of PsychonautWiki contributors. As a result, they should be taken with a healthy amount of skepticism. It is worth noting that these effects will not necessarily occur in a consistent or reliable manner, although higher doses (common+) are more likely to induce the full spectrum of reported effects. Likewise, adverse effects become much more likely on higher doses and may include serious injury or death.
- Spontaneous physical sensations
- Bodily control enhancement
- Increased heart rate
- Pupil dilation
- Tactile enhancement
- Mouth numbing
- Physical euphoria
- Muscle relaxation
- Analysis enhancement
- Conceptual thinking
- Cognitive euphoria
- Emotion enhancement
- Immersion enhancement
- Increased music appreciation
- Memory suppression
- Novelty enhancement
- Personal bias suppression
- Thought acceleration
- Thought loops
- Time distortion
- Unity and interconnectedness
- Language suppression
- Drifting (melting, breathing, morphing and flowing)
- Colour shifting
- Depth perception distortions
- Perspective distortions
- Symmetrical texture repetition
- After images
- Brightness alteration
- Scenery slicing
- Internal hallucination (autonomous entities; settings, sceneries, and landscapes; perspective hallucinations and scenarios and plots)
Due to its relative obscurity, 4-HO-DPT is unscheduled in most countries.
- Talaie, H.; Panahandeh, R.; Fayaznouri, M. R.; Asadi, Z.; Abdollahi, M. (2009). "Dose-independent occurrence of seizure with tramadol". Journal of Medical Toxicology. 5 (2): 63–67. :10.1007/BF03161089. 1556-9039.
- "Verordnung zur Änderung der Anlage des Neue-psychoaktive-Stoffe-Gesetzes und von Anlagen des Betäubungsmittelgesetzes" (PDF) (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Anlage NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "§ 4 NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (Legislation.gov.uk) |http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1971/38/schedule/2/part/I#reference-M_F_c7632653-ddad-4420-f307-e3da1e36d30e
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks for ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.