Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
4-HO-DET Also known as:
- 1H-Indol-4-ol, 3-[2
-(diethylamino)ethy[ACD/Index Name] l]-
- 4-HYDROXY-N,N DIETH
ethyl)-1 H-indole-[ACD/IUPAC Name] 4-ol
- 4-hydroxy DET
- 4-hydroxy DET|3-[2-
- CZ 74
- MFCD09033201[MDL number]
A rare compound first produced by Albert Hoffman, also known as ethocin. Structurally related to 4-HO-MET (metocin) and psilocin (4-HO-DMT), this drug has similar psychedelic effects but little recorded human usage. Probably similar to mushrooms. Potentially stimulating.
4-HO-DET is a close structural and functional analog of psilocin (4-HO-DMT), the principal psychoactive component in magic mushrooms. It is notable for sharing many of its core features while retaining subtle variations in its duration, visual, cognitive and bodily effects. This compound was first discovered in the late 1950s by and Franz Troxler in their investigation of various psychedelic compounds that were structurally and chemically related to the principle active components he isolated from magic mushrooms, psilocybin (4-PO-DMT) and psilocin (4-HO-DMT).
The substance was used together with its phosphoryloxy-analog in human clinical trials in the 1960s by the German researchers Hanscarl Leuner and G. Baer. Since its inception, 4-HO-DET has remained relatively uncommon and has very little documentation of human usage, with the majority of psychedelic users preferring more traditional psychedelics like the psilocybin and psilocin in psilocybin mushrooms, or more recently, 4-AcO-DMT.
Today, it is either used as a recreational substance or an entheogen, has no documentation of being sold on the streets and is primarily acquired through the use of online research chemical vendors.
Tryptamines share a core structure comprised of a bicyclic indole heterocycle attached at R3 to an amino group via an ethyl side chain.
4-HO-DET is substituted at R4 of its indole heterocycle with a hydroxyl functional group OH−.
It also contains two ethyl chains bound to the terminal amine RN of its tryptamine backbone (DET). 4-HO-DET is the lower homolog of 4-AcO-DET, the N-substituted diethyl homolog of 4-HO-DMT (psilocin) and the 4-hydroxy analog of DET.
|Common Name||4-HYDROXY-N,N DIETHYLTRYPTAMINE|
|Systematic name||4-HYDROXY-N,N DIETHYLTRYPTAMIN|
|Avg. Mass||232.3214 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||232.157562 Da|
Subscribe for the latest updates
|4-HO-DET Duration Data|
- Therapeutic indoles for psychic stimulation and relief of mental depression | http://www.google.com/patents/US3072530
- United States Patent Office | https://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/pdf/psilocin.esters.pdf
- Talaie, H.; Panahandeh, R.; Fayaznouri, M. R.; Asadi, Z.; Abdollahi, M. (2009). "Dose-independent occurrence of seizure with tramadol". Journal of Medical Toxicology. 5 (2): 63–67. :10.1007/BF03161089. 1556-9039.
- "Vierte Verordnung über die den Betäubungsmitteln gleichgestellten Stoffe" (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Anlage I BtMG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "§ 29 BtMG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- Svensk författningssamling | http://www.notisum.se/rnp/sls/sfs/20050733.pdf
- Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (Legislation.gov.uk) |http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1971/38/schedule/2/part/I#reference-M_F_c7632653-ddad-4420-f307-e3da1e36d30e
- 1717 CheMall HE050096
- 1717 CheMall HE165737
- ABI Chemicals AC2A00S61
- AK Scientific W4581
- AKos AKOS015967170
- Alichem A490021784
- American Custom Chemicals Corp AAA0009520
- Anward ANW-46066
- Ark Pharm, Inc. AK-77119
- Aurora Fine Chemicals A06.998.029
- Aurora Fine Chemicals K05.595.141
- BePharm 3-(2-(Diethylamino)ethyl)-1H-indol-4-ol
- BindingDB 50094675
- Biosynth Carbosynth FH24432
- BOC Sciences 22204-89-3
- Boerchem BC220656
- Cayman Chemical 14294
- Cayman Chemical 14294.0
- ChEMBL CHEMBL143202
- ChemIDplus 22204893
- Chemspace CSC016987265
- eMolecules 976865
- eNovation Chemicals K49528
- EPA DSSTox DTXCID9099246
- FDA UNII - NLM 7E0BR15575
- FDA UNII - NLM UNII: 7E0BR15575
- Finetech Industry FT-0669543
- GuiChem GZ013598
- iChemical EBD3042094
- Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry 19770071_4A
- LabNetwork LN01286754
- Letopharm LT0317633
- Mcule MCULE-5738037747
- Molport MolPort-001-784-340
- MuseChem R055208
- MuseChem R055210
- PubChem 9991554
- Sayibo Inc W53746
- Thomson Pharma 00513233
- Tractus Company Limited
- VulcanChem VC259825
- VulcanChem VC259843
- Wikidata Q4637139
- Wikipedia 4-HO-DET
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.