Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
This is an Experimental Substance with little data. This is most likely because the substance is is not very old. Information is limite and incomplete.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
Practice Harm Reduction. Proceed with Caution.
2C-T Also known as:
(methylsulfanyl)phe[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] nyl]ethanamin
(methylsulfanyl)phe[ACD/IUPAC Name] nyl]ethanamine
(méthylsulfanyl)phé[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] nyl]éthanamine
2,5-dimethoxy-4-(me[ACD/Index Name] thylthio)-
- phenethylamine, 2,5
A very rare psychedelic phenylethylamine, that is quite lovely.
|Avg. Mass||227.3232 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||227.097992 Da|
|2C-T Duration Data|
- The 5-MeO psychedelics can interact unpredictably to potentiate other psychedelics
- Cannabis has an unexpectedly strong and somewhat unpredictable synergy with psychedelics.
- The anxiogenic and focusing effects of stimulants increase the chance of unpleasant thought loops. The combination is generally uneccessary because of the stimulating effects of psychedelics. Combination of the stimulating effects may be uncomfortable.
- The anxiogenic and focusing effects of stimulants increase the chance of unpleasant thought loops. The combination is generally unnecessary because of the stimulating effects of psychedelics. Combination of the stimulating effects may be uncomfortable.
- MAO-B inhibitors can increase the potency and duration of phenethylamines unpredictably
- Tramadol is well known to lower seizure threshold and psychedelics raise the risk of seizures.
The cognitive effects of 2C-P have been described as both insightful and relatively normal in their thought processes up to moderate dosages, after which their confusing, and disorienting effects can increase considerably.
- Analysis enhancement
- Conceptual thinking
- Creativity enhancement
- Autonomous voice communication
- Emotion enhancement
- Immersion enhancement
- Increased music appreciation
- Memory suppression
- Multiple thought streams
- Novelty enhancement
- Personal bias suppression
- Personal meaning enhancement
- Thought acceleration
- Thought loops
- Time distortion
2C-P’s psychedelic effects are believed to come from its efficacy at the 5-HT2A receptor as a partial agonist. However, the role of these interactions and how it results in the psychedelic experience continues to remain elusive.
- Stimulation - 2C-P is considered to be very energetic and stimulating in a fashion that is comparable to that of 2C-B, 2C-I and other substances within the 2C-x family, being encouraged instead of forced.
- Spontaneous bodily sensations - In comparison to 2C-E or 2C-B, the "body high" of 2C-P can be considered as mild although still capable of becoming very powerful and highly physically euphoric. It is similar yet distinct from the "body high" experienced on 2C-E, 2C-B, and LSD. The sensation itself can be described as intense and will manifest itself in the form of a continuously shifting tingling sensation that travels up and down the body in spontaneous waves. This is coupled by an equally intense yet slightly uncomfortable energetic pins and needles sensation that constantly encompasses a person’s entire body as well as a slight warm glow that manifests itself much less consistently than the other two physical components. All of these are capable of becoming very physically euphoric.
- Tactile enhancement - This effect is particularly prominent but capable of going in both pleasurable and uncomfortable directions. This can result in pleasurable tactile sensations but also enhances bodily aches and pains which one may not have previously been aware of to the point of extreme discomfort.
- Bodily control enhancement
- Temperature regulation suppression - 2C-P is reported to be able to cause large perceived increases and decreases in temperature in a dose dependent manner. This can become extremely uncomfortable if not dangerous at larger doses due to the fever-like delirium that is sometimes reported.
- Increased heart rate
- Increased blood pressure
- Nausea - Mild to extreme nausea is consistently reported when consumed in moderate to high dosages and either passes once the user has vomited or gradually fades by itself as the peak sets in.
- Increased libido - A common theme found in many 2C-P reports is the way in which it can heighten and enhance sexual arousal. When experienced, this sensation is not overwhelming or out of control but simply remains something that the user is constantly aware of. If sexual activities of any kind are engaged in, they are have been reported to be immensely more pleasurable than anything that can be achieved in a sober state.
- Pupil dilation
- Teeth grinding - A very common effect of 2C-P, and more pronounced with 2C-P than other 2C's or psychedelic substances in general. Can become very uncomfortable, especially with higher doses.
- Synaesthesia - In its fullest manifestation, this is a very rare and non-reproducible effect. Increasing the dosage can increase the likelihood of this occurring, but seems to only be a prominent part of the experience among those who are already predisposed to synaesthetic states.
Disclaimer: The effects listed below are cited from the Subjective Effect Index (SEI), which relies on assorted anecdotal reports and the personal experiences of PsychonautWiki contributors. As a result, they should be taken with a healthy amount of skepticism. It is worth noting that these effects will not necessarily occur in a consistent or reliable manner, although higher doses (common+) are more likely to induce the full spectrum of reported effects. Likewise, adverse effects become much more likely on higher doses and may include serious injury or death.
- Drifting (melting, flowing, breathing and morphing) - In comparison to other psychedelics, this effect can be described as highly detailed, slow and smooth in motion, static in appearance and unrealistic/cartoon-like in style.
- After images
- Symmetrical texture repetition
- Color shifting
- Scenery slicing
- Depth perception distortions
The visual geometry present can be described as being more similar in appearance to that of 4-AcO-DMT or ayahuasca than that of LSD, 2C-B or 2C-I. They can be comprehensively described as structured in their organization, organic in geometric style, intricate in complexity, large in size, fast and smooth in motion, colorful in scheme, glossy in color, sharp in their edges and equally rounded and angular in their corners. It gives off a contradictory natural and synthetic feel that at higher dosages are significantly more likely to result in states of Level 8B visual geometry over Level 8A. There seems to be visual geometry that is distinct from 2C-E, psilocin and ayahuasca and can be described as faster moving and more intense in proportion to cognitive and physical effects than 2C-E.
2C-P produces a full range of high level hallucinatory states in a fashion that is more consistent and reproducible than that of many other commonly used psychedelics. This holds particularly true in comparison to other 2C-x phenethylamines such as 2C-B or 2C-I. These effects include:
- Internal hallucination (autonomous entities; settings, sceneries, and landscapes; perspective hallucinations and scenarios and plots) - In comparison to other psychedelics such as LSD, 2C-P is extremely high in hallucinations embedded within visual geometry. This particular effect commonly contains hallucinations with scenarios, settings, concepts and autonomous entity contact. They are more common within dark environments and can be described as lucid in believability, interactive in style and almost exclusively of a personal, religious, spiritual, science-fiction, fantasy, surreal, nonsensical or transcendental nature in their overall theme.
- Unspeakable horrors - This is an effect that is typically associated with deliriants rather than psychedelics. Based on anecdotal reports, they only tend to occur at higher doses and are likely a result of the pronounced temperature increasing properties this substance has compared to other 2C-x and psychedelics, which can lend readily to delirium-like states.
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.