Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
2C-P Also known as:
propylphenyl)ethana[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] min
propylphenyl)ethana[ACD/IUPAC Name] mine
propylphényl)éthana[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] mine
2,5-dimethoxy-4-pro[ACD/Index Name] pyl-
- phenethylamine, 2,5
A synthetic phenylethlyamine that is sometimes compared in effects to 2C-E, yet with a much longer duration. With a much more pronouced bodyload. Is one of the most potent of the 2C-X series.
2C-P is a relatively obscure member of the 2C-x family of psychedelic phenethylamines and is one of the most potent, long-lasting, and dose-sensitive of the series. 2C-P was first synthesized and tested for human activity by Alexander Shulgin, who documented his findings in the 1991 book PiHKAL ("Phenethylamines I Have Known and Loved"). The reports found in the 2C-P PiHKAL entry remark on its depth and long onset and duration of action, with the commentary section describing 16 mg as a clear overdose with "physical consequences.
" The commentary also notes the small window separating an adequate dose from an excessive dose, suggesting it is relatively easy to overdose on. User reports following the publication of PiHKAL tend to characterize the effects of 2C-P in terms of its unusually long duration, powerful, sometimes overwhelming visuals, and intense “body load” (such as persisting nausea, muscle tension and general bodily discomfort). 2C-P’s head space and visuals have been described as possessing more similarities to alkylated 2C’s like 2C-E than halogenated members like 2C-B or 2C-I.
Some reports suggest it may be easier to experience agitation and delirium on 2C-P than other 2C’s, perhaps owing to the ease in which it can be mishandled. As a result, it is considered to have a relatively questionable safety profile for a psychedelic. Due its powerful effects and unusually long duration, 2C-P may be overly intense and difficult to use safely for those who are not already experienced with hallucinogens.
It is strongly advised to use harm reduction practices if using this substance. Dosing practices like “eye-balling” (i. e.
using the naked eye instead of a reliable milligram scale) or non-oral routes of administration should especially be avoided. Volumetric liquid dosing is commonly recommended when dealing with substances of this potency.
2C-P contains methoxy functional groups CH3O- attached to carbons R2 and R5 and a propyl chain attached to carbon R4 of the phenyl ring.
2C-P belongs to the 2C family of phenethylamines which contain methoxy groups on the 2 and 5 positions of the benzene ring.
|Avg. Mass||223.3113 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||223.157227 Da|
- The 5-MeO psychedelics can interact unpredictably to potentiate other psychedelics
- Cannabis has an unexpectedly strong and somewhat unpredictable synergy with psychedelics.
- The anxiogenic and focusing effects of stimulants increase the chance of unpleasant thought loops. The combination is generally uneccessary because of the stimulating effects of psychedelics. Combination of the stimulating effects may be uncomfortable.
- The anxiogenic and focusing effects of stimulants increase the chance of unpleasant thought loops. The combination is generally unnecessary because of the stimulating effects of psychedelics. Combination of the stimulating effects may be uncomfortable.
- MAO-B inhibitors can increase the potency and duration of phenethylamines unpredictably
- Tramadol is well known to lower seizure threshold and psychedelics raise the risk of seizures.
- High doses of caffeine may cause anxiety which is less manageable when tripping, and since both are stimulating the combination may cause some physical discomfort.
2C-P is not scheduled under the UN Convention on Psychotropic Substances. It is considered to exist in a legal grey area in many countries, meaning that while it is not specifically illegal, individuals may still be charged for its possession under certain circumstances such as under analogue laws and with the intent to sell or consume.
- https://erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal.shtml | PiHKAL
- Morris, S. (2019, February 13). Bestival death may be world's first 2C-P fatality, court hears. Retrieved from https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/feb/13/bestival-death-may-be-worlds-first-2-cp-fatality-court-hears
- Talaie, H., Panahandeh, R., Fayaznouri, M. R., Asadi, Z., & Abdollahi, M. (2009). Dose-independent occurrence of seizure with tramadol. Journal of Medical Toxicology, 5(2), 63-67. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03161089
- Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (S.C. 1996, c. 19) |http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-38.8/page-12.html#h-28
- "关于印发《非药用类麻醉药品和精神药品列管办法》的通知" (in Chinese). China Food and Drug Administration. 27 September 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Achtundzwanzigste Verordnung zur Änderung betäubungsmittelrechtlicher Vorschriften" (PDF) (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Anlage I BtMG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "§ 29 BtMG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- Noteikumi par Latvijā kontrolējamajām narkotiskajām vielām, psihotropajām vielām un prekursoriem (2,5-Dimetoksifeniletānamīni) | http://likumi.lv/doc.php?id=121086
- United Kingdom. (1977). Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (S.I. 1977/1243). London: The Stationery Office Limited. Retrieved July 5, 2017, from http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1977/1243/made
- 1717 CheMall OR054664
- 1717 CheMall OR134655
- ABI Chemicals AC2A0EEUE
- AKos AKOS023802093
- Angene AGN-PC-075IYB
- Aurora Fine Chemicals A30.300.940
- ChEMBL CHEMBL339136
- ChemIDplus 207740225
- EPA DSSTox DTXCID8097340
- FDA UNII - NLM DPS1JI878J
- NIST Spectra mainlib_379104
- Springer Nature Biotransformation and detectability of the designer drug 2,5-dimethoxy-4-propylphenethylamine (2C-P) studied in urine by GC-MS, LC-MS n , and LC-high-resolution-MS n
- Springer Nature Presentations due to acute toxicity of psychoactive substances in an urban emergency department in Switzerland: a case series
- Wikidata Q209262
- Wikipedia 2C-P
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.