Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
This is a commonly used substance with well known effects, but that does not guarantee the substance will be safe. The safety profile has been established based on usage data commonly reported by others.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
25I-NBOMe Also known as:
oxyphenyl)-N-(2-met[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] hoxybenzyl)ethanamin
hoxyphenyl)-N-(2-me[ACD/IUPAC Name] thoxybenzyl)ethanam ine
hoxyphényl)-N-(2-mé[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] thoxybenzyl)éthanam ine
4-iodo-2,5-dimethox[ACD/Index Name] y-N-[(2-methoxyphen yl)methyl]-
hoxy-phenyl)ethyl-( 2-methoxybenzyl)ami ne
hoxyphenyl)-N-[(2-m ethoxyphenyl)methyl ]ethanamine
hoxy-phenyl)-N-[(2- methoxyphenyl)methy l]ethanamine
-2-(4-iodo-2,5-dime thoxyphenyl)ethanam ine
A relatively new and popular research chemical with psychedelic properties. Users report an uncomfortable body load with very strong visuals, though with less of a mental aspect than most psychedelics. Commonly mis-sold as LSD, since it is much cheaper to produce. Is considered quite unsafe, and has caused several deaths at ‘regular’ doses.
The name 25I-NBOMe, which short-hand for 2C-I-NBOMe, is a derivative of the phenethylamine psychedelic 2C-I. It was first synthesized and documented in 2003 by Ralf Heim at the Free University of Berlin. It was further researched by a team at Purdue University led by David Nichols.
It has been studied in its 11C radiolabelled form as a potential ligand for mapping the distribution of 5-HT2A receptors in the brain, using positron emission tomography (PET). It is worth noting that compounds of the NBOMe family are not orally active and should be administered sublingually by placing and holding it into one’s mouth and allowing it to absorb over a period of 15-25 minutes. Extremely little is known about the pharmacological properties, metabolism, and toxicity of 25I-NBOMe in humans.
It had no history of human use before being sold online as a designer drug in 2010. . It has been associated with many deaths and hospitalizations.
Anecdotal reports suggest that this substance may be difficult to use safely due to its highly sensitive dose-response and unpredictable effects.
25I-NBOMe is a substituted phenethylamine with methoxy groups CH3O- attached to carbons R2 and R5 as well as an iodine atom attached to carbon R4.
It differs from 2C-I structurally through a substitution on the amine (NH2) with a 2-methoxybenzyl (BOMe) group.
25I-NBOMe shares this 2-methoxybenzyl substitution with other chemicals of the NBOMe family.
This NBOMe addition contains a methoxy ether CH3O- bound to a benzene ring at R2.
|Avg. Mass||427.2767 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||427.064423 Da|
Become an Exclusive Member For Free
Become a member now, sign up, and get free updates, news articles, and the latest happenings in the Psychedelic World.
|25I-NBOMe Duration Data|
- 25I-NBOMe (2C-I-NBOMe) Fatalities / Deaths by Erowid | https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2ci_nbome/2ci_nbome_death.shtml
- "Fatalities / Deaths". Erowid. April 26 2013. Retrieved 7 May 2013. | http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2ci_nbome/2ci_nbome_death.shtml
- 25I-NBOMe (2C-I-NBOMe) Fatalities / Deaths by Erowid | https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/nbome/nbome_death.shtml
- Ralf Heim PhD. (2010-02-28) "Synthese und Pharmakologie potenter 5-HT2A-Rezeptoragonisten mit N-2-Methoxybenzyl-Partialstruktur. Entwicklung eines neuen Struktur-Wirkungskonzepts." | http://www.diss.fu-berlin.de/diss/receive/FUDISS_thesis_000000001221 (in German). diss.fu-berlin.de. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Michael Robert Braden PhD. (2007). "Towards a biophysical understanding of hallucinogen action." | http://proquest.umi.com/pqdlink?Ver=1&Exp=01-23-2014&FMT=7&DID=1417800971&RQT=309&attempt=1&cfc=1 Purdue University. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
- Ettrup, A. E. A.; Hansen, M.; Santini, M. A.; Paine, J.; Gillings, N.; Palner, M.; Lehel, S.; Herth, M. M.; Madsen, J. (2010). "Radiosynthesis and in vivo evaluation of a series of substituted 11C-phenethylamines as 5-HT2A agonist PET tracers". European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging 38 (4): 681–693. (PubMed.gov / NCBI) | http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21174090
- High specific activity tritium-labeled N-(2-methoxybenzyl)-2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodophenethylamine (INBMeO): a high-affinity 5-HT2A receptor-selective agonist radioligand (PubMed.gov / NCBI) | https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18468904
- Radiosynthesis and in vivo evaluation of a series of substituted 11C-phenethylamines as 5-HT (2A) agonist PET tracers. (PubMed.gov / NCBI) | https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21174090
- "Fatalities / Deaths". Erowid. April 26, 2013. Retrieved 7 May 2013. | http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2ci_nbome/2ci_nbome_death.shtml
- "Kids overdosing on new drug. Laura Geller, WWBT NBC12, Feb 18, 2012 | http://www.nbc12.com/story/16964534/kids-overdosing-on-new-drug
- New street drug causing concern among medics. Vanessa Araiza, WBRC, Feb 28, 2012, | http://www.wsfa.com/story/16977573/new-street-drug-causing-concern-among-medics
- New drug N-bomb hits the street, terrifying parents, troubling cops | http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/new-synthetic-hallucinogen-n-bomb-killing-users-cops-article-1.1336327
- Breaking Bad: Digital Drug Sales, Analog Drug Deaths. Craig Malisow, Houston Press, March 13, 2013 | http://www.houstonpress.com/2013-03-14/news/motion-research-charles-carlton/
- 21-year-old dies after one drop of new synthetic drug at Voodoo Fest. Naomi Martin, NOLA, November 1, 2012 | http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/11/21-year-old_dies_after_one_dro.html#incart_m-rpt-2/
- New hallucinogenic drug 25B-NBOMe and 25I-NBOMe led to South Australian man's bizarre death | http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/new-hallucinogenic-drug-25b-nbome-and-25i-nbome-led-to-south-australian-mans-bizarre-death/story-e6frea83-1226472672220/
- Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (S.C. 1996, c. 19) |http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-38.8/page-12.html#h-28
- http://www.sfda.gov.cn/WS01/CL0056/130753.html | 关于印发《非药用类麻醉药品和精神药品列管办法》的通知
- "25I-NBOMe: EMCDDA–Europol Joint Report on a new psychoactive substance: 25I-NBOMe (4-iodo-2,5-dimethoxy-N-(2-methoxybenzyl)phenethylamine)" (PDF). European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction. 2014. :10.2810/27828. 978-92-9168-682-7. 1977-7868. Retrieved February 18, 2020.
- "Anlage I BtMG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
- "Achtundzwanzigste Verordnung zur Änderung betäubungsmittelrechtlicher Vorschriften" (PDF) (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
- "§ 29 BtMG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
- Tabella 1 Stupefacenti dello Stato Italiano |http://www.salute.gov.it/imgs/C_17_pagineAree_3729_listaFile_itemName_0_file.pdf
- Noteikumi par Latvijā kontrolējamajām narkotiskajām vielām, psihotropajām vielām un prekursoriem (2,5-Dimetoksifeniletānamīni) | http://likumi.lv/doc.php?id=121086
- Läkemedelsverkets författningssamling - http://www.lakemedelsverket.se/upload/lvfs/LVFS_2013-15.pdf
- United Kingdom. (2014). Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (S.I. 2014/1106). London: The Stationery Office Limited. Retrieved July 5, 2017, from http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2014/1106/made
- 1717 CheMall OR163650
- AK Scientific Z1717
- AKos AKOS015904372
- Aurora Fine Chemicals K13.733.033
- BindingDB 50271706
- BOC Sciences 919797-19-6
- ChEMBL CHEMBL1908863
- ChemIDplus 919797196
- EPA DSSTox DTXCID30161299
- FDA UNII - NLM 547KGL06IP
- LabNetwork LN01288414
- MuseChem R059201
- PIChemicals PI-41462
- PubChem 10251906
- Shanghai IS Chemical Technology I14-16689
- Springer Nature 2-(4-Iodo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-N-[(2-methoxyphenyl)methyl]ethanamine (25I-NBOMe): Clinical Case with Unique Confirmatory Testing
- Springer Nature Studies on the metabolism and toxicological detection of the new psychoactive designer drug 2-(4-iodo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-N-[(2-methoxyphenyl)methyl]ethanamine (25I-NBOMe) in human and rat urine using GC-MS, LC-MSn, and LC-HR-MS/MS
- Thomson Pharma 00562586
- VulcanChem VC286963
- Wikidata Q4632141
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.