Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
This is an Experimental Substance with little data. This is most likely because the substance is is not very old. Information is limite and incomplete.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
25C-NBOH Also known as:
-dimethoxyphenyl)et[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] hyl]amino}methyl)ph enol
5-dimethoxyphenyl)e[ACD/IUPAC Name] thyl]amino}methyl)p henol
5-diméthoxyphényl)é[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] thyl]amino}méthyl)p hénol
- Phenol, 2-[[[2-(4-c
hloro-2,5-dimethoxy[ACD/Index Name] phenyl)ethyl]amino] methyl]-
A phenethylamine psychedelic and stimulant derivative of 2C-C, this compound is related and has similar effects to 25c-NBOMe. It is significantly more potent than 2C-C but less potent than 25c-NBOMe. Overdoses of NBOH compounds may cause dangerous vasoconstriction. May induce uncomfortable body load.
It is a closely related analog of 25B-NBOMe and is reported to share most of its properties with the exception of a moderately reduced potency and a shorter duration. The name 25C-NBOH, which is short-hand for 2C-C-NBOH, is a derivative of the phenethylamine psychedelic 2C-C. It was first synthesized and documented in 2011 by Martin Hansen at the University of Copenhagen.
It is worth noting that compounds of the NBOH family are not orally active and should be administered sublingually by placing and holding it into one’s mouth and allowing it to absorb over a period of 15-25 minutes. Extremely little is known about the pharmacological properties, metabolism, and toxicity of 25C-NBOH in humans. It has no history of human use before being sold online as a designer drug in 2011.
It is closely related to members of the 25x-NBOMe series, which have been associated with many hospitalizations and deaths. Anecdotal reports suggest that this substance may be difficult to use safely due to its highly sensitive dose-response and unpredictable effects.
25C-NBOH is a substituted phenethylamine with methoxy groups CH3O- attached to carbons R2 and R5 as well as an bromine atom attached to carbon R4.
It differs from 2C-C structurally through a substitution on the amine (NH2) with a 2-hydroxybenzyl (BOH) group.
25C-NBOH shares this 2-hydroxybenzyl substitution with other chemicals of the NBOH family.
This NBOH addition is comprised of a hydroxy ether OH- bound to a benzene ring at R2.
|Avg. Mass||321.7986 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||321.113159 Da|
|25C-NBOH Duration Data|
- 25C-NBOMe (2C-C-NBOMe) Fatalities / Deaths by Erowid | https://erowid.org/chemicals/2cc_nbome/2cc_nbome_death.shtml
- Martin Hansen (2011). "Design and Synthesis of Selective Serotonin Receptor Agonists for Positron Emission Tomography Imaging of the Brain." University of Copenhagen. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- 25I-NBOMe (2C-I-NBOMe) Fatalities / Deaths by Erowid | https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2ci_nbome/2ci_nbome_death.shtml
- 25C-NBOMe (2C-C-NBOMe) Fatalities / Deaths by Erowid | https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2cc_nbome/2cc_nbome_death.shtml
- Other or Unknown NBOMe Compound Fatalities / Deaths by Erowid | https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/nbome/nbome_death.shtml
- Silva, M. E., Heim, R., Strasser, A., Elz, S., & Dove, S. (2011). Theoretical studies on the interaction of partial agonists with the 5-HT2A receptor. Journal of Computer-aided Molecular Design, 25(1), 51-66. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10822-010-9400-2
- Hansen, M., Phonekeo, K., Paine, J. S., Leth-Petersen, S., Begtrup, M., Bräuner-Osborne, H., & Kristensen, J. L. (2014). Synthesis and structure–activity relationships of N-benzyl phenethylamines as 5-HT2A/2C agonists. ACS Chemical Neuroscience, 5(3), 243-249. https://doi.org/10.1021/cn400216u
- Talaie, H.; Panahandeh, R.; Fayaznouri, M. R.; Asadi, Z.; Abdollahi, M. (2009). "Dose-independent occurrence of seizure with tramadol". Journal of Medical Toxicology. 5 (2): 63–67. :10.1007/BF03161089. 1556-9039.
- List of controlled substances: Portaria SVS/MS nº 344 (Portuguese) | http://portal.anvisa.gov.br/lista-de-substancias-sujeitas-a-controle-especial
- "Gesetz zur Bekämpfung der Verbreitung neuer psychoaktiver Stoffe" (PDF) (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
- "Anlage NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
- "§ 4 NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
- United Kingdom. (2014). Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (S.I. 2014/1106). London: The Stationery Office Limited. Retrieved July 5, 2017, from http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2014/1106/made
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.