Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
25B-NBOMe Also known as:
hoxyphenyl)-N-(2-me[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] thoxybenzyl)ethanam in
thoxyphenyl)-N-(2-m[ACD/IUPAC Name] ethoxybenzyl)ethana mine
thoxyphényl)-N-(2-m[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] éthoxybenzyl)éthana mine
4-bromo-2,5-dimetho[ACD/Index Name] xy-N-[(2-methoxyphe nyl)methyl]-
thoxy-phenyl)ethyl- (2-methoxybenzyl)am ine
thoxyphenyl)-N-[(2- methoxyphenyl)methy l]ethanamine
thoxy-phenyl)-N-[(2 -methoxyphenyl)meth yl]ethanamine
xy-N-[(2-methoxyphe nyl)methyl]benzenee thanamine
Psychedelic Phenethylamine, active in the lower microgram range, that is not active orally.
It is a member of the 25x-NBOMe series, a recently discovered group of potent psychedelic compounds derived from the 2C-x family. The name 25B-NBOMe, which is short-hand for 2C-B-NBOMe, indicates it is a derivative of the phenethylamine psychedelic 2C-B. 25B-NBOMe was discovered in 2004 by Ralf Heim at the Free University of Berlin.
It acts as a potent partial agonist for the 5-HT2A receptor. It has been used in clinical trials with an evaluation dose for safety consideration to humans of only 1 microgram. Such a dose was determined to be only 1/300th the dose expected to be hallucinogenic to humans and that recreational use would greatly exceed doses determined to be safe to humans.
This substance had no history of human use before being sold online as a designer drug in 2010. Subjective effects include stimulation, open and closed-eye visuals, time distortion, euphoria, and ego loss. Anecdotal reports suggest 25B-NBOMe to be an active hallucinogen at a dose of as little as 250–500 µg, making it a similar potency to other phenethylamine derived hallucinogens such as Bromo-DragonFLY.
It is worth noting that compounds of the NBOMe class are not orally active and should therefore be taken sublingually by placing them into one’s mouth and allowing it to absorb over a period of 15-30 minutes. Extremely little is known about the pharmacological properties, metabolism, and toxicity of 25B-NBOMe in humans. Numerous members of the 25x-NBOMe series have been associated with hospitalizations and deaths.
Along with its highly sensitive dose-response and unpredictable effects, many reports also suggest that this substance may be overly difficult to use safely. Therefore it is highly advised to use harm reduction practices if using this substance.
25B-NBOMe is a substituted phenethylamine with methoxy groups CH3O- attached to carbons R2 and R5 as well as a bromine atom attached to carbon R4.
It differs from 2C-B structurally through a substitution on the amine (NH2) with a 2-methoxybenzyl (BOMe) group.
25B-NBOMe shares this 2-methoxybenzyl substitution with other chemicals of the NBOMe family.
This NBOMe addition contains a methoxy ether CH3O- bound to a benzene ring at R2.
|Avg. Mass||380.2762 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||379.078308 Da|
- Empathy, love and sociability enhancement - The entactogenic effects range from mild to powerful, but are inconsistently manifested. Entactogenic effects for people who try this substance usually become prominent in the presence of others. These feelings of increased sociability, love and empathy do not seem to be quite as strong or profound as those found within other entactogens (such as MDMA, 2C-B and AMT). They are, however, the most prominent entactogenic effects found within the NBOMe series.
- Analysis enhancement - This component is consistently manifested only in the context of a non-social setting in which the user is alone and is introspection dominant.
- Thought acceleration
- Time distortion
- Novelty enhancement
- Conceptual thinking
- Thought connectivity
- Emotion enhancement
- Increased music appreciation
- Personal bias suppression
- Memory suppression
- Immersion enhancement
- Increased libido
25B-NBOMe has efficacy at the 5-HT2A receptor where it acts as a potent partial agonist. However, the role of these interactions and how they result in the psychedelic experience continues to remain elusive.
- Stimulation - In terms of its effects on the physical energy levels of the user, 25B-NBOMe is usually considered to be energetic and stimulating, but it can be considered less stimulating when compared to 25I-NBOMe. For most people, this substance induces a unique type of physical stimulation which can be described as feeling extremely energetic but in a way which does not force the person to move unless they genuinely choose to do so. For others, however, the stimulation can be quite uncontrollable, occasionally resulting in bodily shakes and a grinding of the teeth comparable to that of MDMA and traditional stimulants such as amphetamine, but this is manifested much less consistently when compared to that of 25I-NBOMe
- Mouth numbing - Assuming the substance has been taken sublingually, the very first physical effect which a person will notice immediately after sublingual absorption is a strong, unpleasant metallic chemical taste. This is accompanied by a very obvious feeling of general numbness of the tongue and mouth which can stay for up to an hour after the blotter paper has been consumed. This is a key difference when it comes to determining whether one's blotter paper contains LSD or one of the NBOMe series.
- Spontaneous physical sensations - The "body high" itself can be described as a generally mild, all-encompassing, soft but euphoric tingling sensation. This tingling sensation is also accompanied by spontaneous rushes of euphoria that become longer and more drawn out proportional to the dosage consumed.
- Perception of bodily lightness - In terms of the body’s perceived weight, this substance consistently leaves people feeling extremely light, often to the point of total weightlessness.
- Nausea - As the user begins to come up, nausea is not uncommon and can sometimes result in initial vomiting, but passes once this has either happened or the trip begins to fully set in. In comparison to other psychedelics such as psilocin, LSD, 2C-E and 2C-I, this could actually be very considered very mild in its intensity.
- Increased heart rate
- Pupil dilation
Disclaimer: The effects listed below are cited from the Subjective Effect Index (SEI), which relies on assorted anecdotal reports and the personal experiences of PsychonautWiki contributors. As a result, they should be taken with a healthy amount of skepticism. It is worth noting that these effects will not necessarily occur in a consistent or reliable manner, although higher doses (common+) are more likely to induce the full spectrum of reported effects. Likewise, adverse effects become much more likely on higher doses and may include serious injury or death.
- Drifting (melting, flowing, breathing and morphing) - In comparison to other psychedelics, this effect can be described as highly detailed, slow and smooth in motion, static in appearance and unrealistic/cartoon-like in style.
- After images
- Symmetrical texture repetition
- Colour shifting
- Scenery slicing
The visual geometry that is present throughout this trip is often described as similar in appearance to that of LSD. They can be comprehensively described as algorithmic in geometric style, intricate in complexity, fine and zoomed out in detail, fast and smooth in motion, structured in shape, colourful in scheme, glossy in colour, sharp around the edges and mostly rounded across their corners. In comparison to other more commonly used psychedelics they can be described as significantly more intricate than the visual geometry found within 2C-I and most of the 2C-x family in general as well as completely on par with LSD, psilocin and DMT at appropriately high dosages.
In terms of their behaviour, 25B-NBOMe’s geometry leads onto Level 8A visual geometry with Level 8B remaining so far unconfirmed within this substance. They also seem to consistently build up in visual intensity when the user stares at a central point. This eventually envelops the visual field and creates the sensation that the user has broken through into a continuously shifting geometric landscape or structure with a vast sense of immersive physical size attributed to it.
- Internal hallucination - (autonomous entities; settings, sceneries, and landscapes; perspective hallucinations and scenarios and plots) These are more common within dark environments and can be described as internal in their manifestation, lucid in believability, interactive in style and almost exclusively of a personal, religious, spiritual, science-fiction, fantasy, surreal, nonsensical or transcendental nature in their overall theme.
- Other or Unknown NBOMe Compound Fatalities / Deaths by Erowid | https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/nbome/nbome_death.shtml
- Ralf Heim (February 28, 2010). "Synthese und Pharmakologie potenter 5-HT2A-Rezeptoragonisten mit N-2-Methoxybenzyl-Partialstruktur. Entwicklung eines neuen Struktur-Wirkungskonzepts." (in German). diss.fu-berlin.de. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Hansen, M.; Phonekeo, K.; Paine, J. S.; Leth-Petersen, S.; Begtrup, M.; Bräuner-Osborne, H.; Kristensen, J. L. (2014). "Synthesis and Structure-Activity Relationships of N-Benzyl Phenethylamines as 5-HT2A/2C Agonists". ACS Chemical Neuroscience. 5 (3): 243–9. PMID 24397362. https://doi.org/10.1021/cn400216u
- Bromo-Dragonfly Dosage by Erowid | https://erowid.org/chemicals/bromo_dragonfly/bromo_dragonfly_dose.shtml
- Synthesis and pharmacology of potent 5-HT 2A receptor agonists with N-2-methoxybenzyl partial structure | http://www.diss.fu-berlin.de/diss/receive/FUDISS_thesis_000000001221
- Theoretical study of the interaction of agonists with the 5-HT2A receptor | http://epub.uni-regensburg.de/12119/
- Theoretical studies on the interaction of partial agonists with the 5-HT2A receptor | http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10822-010-9400-2
- Synthesis and Structure–Activity Relationships of N-Benzyl Phenethylamines as 5-HT2A/2C Agonists | http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/cn400216u
- Designer Drug Identified As Cause Of Plano Teen’s Death | http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/02/19/designer-drug-identified-as-cause-of-plano-teens-death/
- Preclinical Safety Assessment of the 5-HT2A Receptor Agonist PET Radioligand [11C]Cimbi-36 | https://bitnest.netfirms.com/external.php?id=%7DbxUgX%5DCY%04%05wzx%19%05VYL%02RI%7E%60d
- Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (S.C. 1996, c. 19) |http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-38.8/page-12.html#h-28
- 关于印发《非药用类麻醉药品和精神药品列管办法》的通知 | http://www.sfda.gov.cn/WS01/CL0056/130753.html
- "Achtundzwanzigste Verordnung zur Änderung betäubungsmittelrechtlicher Vorschriften" (PDF) (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
- "Anlage I BtMG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
- "§ 29 BtMG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
- Tabella 1 Stupefacenti dello Stato Italiano |http://www.salute.gov.it/imgs/C_17_pagineAree_3729_listaFile_itemName_0_file.pdf
- Noteikumi par Latvijā kontrolējamajām narkotiskajām vielām, psihotropajām vielām un prekursoriem (2,5-Dimetoksifeniletānamīni) | http://likumi.lv/doc.php?id=121086
- Läkemedelsverkets författningssamling - http://www.lakemedelsverket.se/upload/lvfs/LVFS_2013-15.pdf
- United Kingdom. (2014). Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (S.I. 2014/1106). London: The Stationery Office Limited. Retrieved July 5, 2017, from http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2014/1106/made
- 1717 CheMall OR163647
- Ark Pharm, Inc. AK516339
- Aurora Fine Chemicals K13.727.681
- BOC Sciences 1026511-90-9
- ChEMBL CHEMBL3590188
- ChemIDplus 1026511909
- FDA UNII - NLM S6NAA81PHK
- iChemical EBD3233106
- LabNetwork LN01278672
- MuseChem R040463
- PubChem 9977044
- SORD SST0025452
- Springer Nature 25B-NBOMe and its precursor 2C-B: modern trends and hidden dangers
- Springer Nature A case of fatal intoxication due to the new designer drug 25B-NBOMe
- Thomson Pharma 00556779
- VulcanChem VC233625
- Wikidata Q4632126
- Wikipedia 25B-NBOMe
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.