Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
This is an Experimental Substance with little data. This is most likely because the substance is is not very old. Information is limite and incomplete.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
TMA-6 Also known as:
phenyl)-2-amino-; p ropane Hydrochloride
phenyl)-2-propanami[ACD/IUPAC Name] ne
phényl)-2-propanami[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] ne
2,4,6-trimethoxy-α-[ACD/Index Name] methyl-
- Benzenethanamine, 2
,4,6-trimethoxy-α-m ethyl-, (±)-
phenyl)-2-amino-pro pane Hydrochloride
HETAMIN, >99% (HPLC)
- amphetamine, 2,4,6-
2,4,6-trimethoxy-a- methyl- (9CI)
- Benzenethanamine, 2
- Phenethylamine, 2,4
,6-trimethoxy-a-met hyl- (6CI,8CI)
A rarely seen Psychedelic Amphetamine and Mescaline analogue. First synthesised by Alexander Shulgin, who descrived it as “one of the most rewarding and pleasurable of the methoxylated amphetamines.”
It has been reported to produce a complex mixture of stimulant, hallucinogenic and entactogenic effects that distinguish it from other psychedelic phenethylamine derivatives like the 2C-x or DOx series. TMA-6 has no history of human usage prior to the 1991 publication of its synthesis and pharmacology in the book PiHKAL ("Phenethylamines I Have Known And Loved") by Alexander Shulgin, who called it "one of the most rewarding and pleasurable of the methoxylated amphetamines". Since then it has been regarded as a novelty in the psychedelics community and is made available for sale only rarely by clandestine laboratory operations.
In terms of its subjective effects, it is known for its lack of classic psychedelic visuals compared to other hallucinogenic phenethylamines and is known instead for its unique stimulating body-high and intoxicating headspace. Anecdotal reports suggest that TMA-6 is unpredictable and dose-sensitive substance that can produce uncomfortable amounts of body load, nausea, overstimulation, and inconsistencies between experiences. In modern times, TMA-6 is used rarely as a recreational drug and a putative entheogen.
It has no documentation of being sold on the streets and is almost exclusively obtainable as an obscure gray area research chemical through the use of online vendors.
Amphetamines are substituted phenethylamines, being comprised of a phenyl ring bound to an amino (NH2) group through an ethyl chain and a methyl group bound to the alpha carbon Rα.
TMA-6 contains methoxy functional groups CH3O- attached to carbons R2 and R4 and R6 of the amphetamine backbone.
|Avg. Mass||225.2842 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||225.13649 Da|
|TMA-6 Duration Data|
- Talaie, H., Panahandeh, R., Fayaznouri, M. R., Asadi, Z., & Abdollahi, M. (2009). Dose-independent occurrence of seizure with tramadol. Journal of medical toxicology, 5(2), 63-67. doi:10.1007/BF03161089
- Gillman, P. K. (2005). Monoamine oxidase inhibitors, opioid analgesics and serotonin toxicity. British Journal of Anaesthesia, 95(4), 434-441. https://doi.org/10.1093/bja/aei210
- "Gesetz zur Bekämpfung der Verbreitung neuer psychoaktiver Stoffe" (PDF) (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
- "Anlage NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
- "§ 4 NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.