Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
This is an Experimental Substance with little data. This is most likely because the substance is is not very old. Information is limite and incomplete.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
PRO-LAD Also known as:
propyl-9,10-didehyd[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] roergolin-8-carboxa mid
propyl-9,10-didehyd[ACD/IUPAC Name] roergoline-8-carbox amide
propyl-9,10-didéhyd[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] roergoline-8-carbox amide
ide, 9,10-didehydro[ACD/Index Name] -N,N-diethyl-6-prop yl-, (8β)-
,9-hexahydro-indolo [4,3-fg]quinoline-9 -carboxylic acid di ethylamide
A very rare lysergamide that is slightly less potent than LSD, yet with a shorter duration of action.
It is a structural analog of LSD and is part of a series of LSD analogs which includes AL-LAD and ETH-LAD. PRO-LAD was first investigated by Andrew J. Hoffman and David E.
Nichols in 1984 as part of a series of LSD analogs. It was later described as an analog of LSD by Alexander Shulgin in the book TiHKAL (“Tryptamines I Have Known and Loved”), in which one report remarks that it is “good for humor, even excellent. .
. very good for clear thinking, although not cosmic-type particularly. " It has been sold on the online research chemical market alongside lysergamides like 1P-LSD and AL-LAD as a legal, grey-market alternative to LSD.
Subjective effects are similar to LSD and include open and closed-eye visuals, time distortion, enhanced introspection, ego loss, and euphoria. It has been reported to be around as potent as LSD itself with an active dose reported at between 100 and 200 micrograms. Very little data exists about the pharmacological properties, metabolism, and toxicity of PRO-LAD, and it has little history of human usage.
It is highly advised use harm reduction practices if using this substance.
PRO-LAD is a structural analog of lysergic acid, with an N,N-diethylamide functional group bound to RN of the chemical structure.
This core polycyclic structure is an ergoline derivative, and has overlapping tryptamine and phenethylamine groups embedded within it (although it is principally classed as a tryptamine). PRO-LAD’s structure contains a bicyclic hexahydroindole fused to a bicyclic quinoline group (nor-lysergic acid).
Unlike LSD, PRO-LAD does not contain a methyl group substituted at R6 of its nor-lysergic acid skeleton, this is represented by the nor- prefix.
Instead, PRO-LAD is substituted at R6 with a propyl group.
At carbon 8 of the quinoline a N,N-diethyl carboxamide is bound. PRO-LAD is a derivative of LSD, differing by the addition of two carbons to the methyl group at R6 of the structure to form a propyl chain.
PRO-LAD is also homologous to ETH-LAD, which contains an ethyl substitution at R6 instead of a propyl chain. PRO-LAD is a chiral compound with two stereocenters at R5 and R8.
PRO-LAD, also called (+)-D-PRO-LAD, has an absolute configuration of (5R, 8R).
|SMILES||CCCN1C[[email protected]@H](C=C2[[email protected]]1Cc3c[nH]c4c3c2ccc4)C(=O)N(CC)CC|
|Avg. Mass||351.4852 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||351.231049 Da|
|PRO-LAD Duration Data|
The cognitive effects of PRO-LAD can be broken down into several components which progressively intensify proportional to dosage. In comparison to other psychedelics such as ETH-LAD and 2C-E, PRO-LAD is often described as significantly more slow-paced and LSD-like in terms of the specific style of thought stream(s) produced and contains a large number of potential effects, which, it should be noted seems to lead to cognitive and general sensory processing overload at moderate to high doses for reasons that are not currently understood. The most prominent of these cognitive effects generally include:
- Analysis enhancement
- Anxiety & Paranoia
- Personal bias suppression
- Novelty enhancement
- Conceptual thinking
- Immersion enhancement
- Novelty enhancement
- Increased music appreciation
- Increased sense of humor
- Thought acceleration
- Thought connectivity
- Thought loops
- Language suppression
- Memory suppression
- Déjà vu
- Time distortion
PRO-LAD likely acts as a 5-HT2A partial agonist. The psychedelic effects are believed to come from PRO-LAD’s efficacy at the 5-HT2A receptors. However, the role of these interactions and how they result in the psychedelic experience continues to remain an object of scientific elucidation.
- Spontaneous bodily sensations - The "body high" of PRO-LAD can be characterized as prominent in comparison to its accompanying visual and cognitive effects. Like LSD, it can behave as a fast-moving, sharp and location specific or generalized tingling sensation, although this feeling is not necessarily pleasant and often manifests in a neutral way. For some, it is manifested spontaneously at different, unpredictable points throughout the trip, but for most, it maintains a steady presence that rises with the onset and hits its limit once the peak has been reached, which many users have reported as feeling "artificial" or "mechanical."
- Perception of bodily lightness
- Bodily control enhancement
- Stamina enhancement - This is generally mild in comparison to traditional stimulants.
- Appetite suppression
- Difficulty urinating or Frequent urination
- Temperature regulation suppression
- Increased blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
- Increased perspiration
- Muscle contractions
- Muscle cramps
- Muscle spasms
- Olfactory hallucination
- Mouth numbing
- Excessive yawning
- Watery eyes
- Pupil dilation
- Teeth grinding - This component is considerably less intense when compared with that of substances like MDMA and happens more readily than with related substances like LSD.
- Seizure - This is a very rare effect but can likely happen in those predisposed to them, especially while in physically taxing conditions such as being dehydrated, fatigued or undernourished. However, it should be noted that there are no documented cases of seizures occurring with this compound to date.
- Synaesthesia - In its fullest manifestation, this is a very rare and non-reproducible effect. Increasing the dosage can increase the likelihood of this occurring, but seems to only be a prominent part of the experience among those who are already predisposed to synaesthetic states.
- Drifting (melting, breathing, morphing and flowing)
- Colour shifting
- Depth perception distortions
- Perspective distortions
- Symmetrical texture repetition
- After images
- Brightness alteration
The visual geometry that is commonly present throughout this trip can be generally described as more similar in appearance to that of MET or 2C-E than psilocin, LSA or DMT. It can be comprehensively described through its variations as primarily intricate in complexity, algorithmic in form, structured in organization, brightly lit, colourful in scheme, synthetic in feel, multicoloured in scheme, flat in shading, sharp in edges, large in size, fast in speed, smooth in motion, angular in its corners, immersive in-depth and consistent in intensity. At higher dosages, it may almost consistently result in states of Level 8A or Level 8B visual geometry.
- External hallucination (autonomous entities; settings, sceneries, and landscapes; perspective hallucinations and scenarios and plots)
- Internal hallucination (autonomous entities; settings, sceneries, and landscapes; perspective hallucinations and scenarios and plots)
- "COMPOUND SUMMARY: Pro-lad". National Center for Biotechnology Information. CID 44457803. Retrieved May 5, 2017.
- Hoffman, Andrew J.; Nichols, David E. (1985). "Synthesis and LSD-like discriminative stimulus properties in a series of N(6)-alkyl norlysergic acid N,N-diethylamide derivatives". Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 28 (9): 1252–1255. :10.1021/jm00147a022. 0022-2623.
- Shulgin, A., & Shulgin, A. (1991). Erowid Online Books: "TIHKAL" - #51. PRO-LAD. Retrieved April 14, 2017.
- Talaie, H.; Panahandeh, R.; Fayaznouri, M. R.; Asadi, Z.; Abdollahi, M. (2009). "Dose-independent occurrence of seizure with tramadol". Journal of Medical Toxicology. 5 (2): 63–67. :10.1007/BF03161089. 1556-9039.
- "Anlage NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz [Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection]. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Verordnung zur Änderung der Anlage des Neue-psychoaktive-Stoffe-Gesetzes und von Anlagen des Betäubungsmittelgesetzes" (PDF). Bundesgesetzblatt Jahrgang 2019 Teil I Nr. 27 (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. July 17, 2019. pp. 1083–1094. Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- "§ 4 NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz [Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection]. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Noteikumi par Latvijā kontrolējamajām narkotiskajām vielām, psihotropajām vielām un prekursoriem" (in Latvian). VSIA Latvijas Vēstnesis. November 10, 2005. Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- "Verordnung des EDI über die Verzeichnisse der Betäubungsmittel, psychotropen Stoffe, Vorläuferstoffe und Hilfschemikalien: Änderung vom 2. November 2015" (PDF) (in German). Bundeskanzlei [Federal Chancellery of Switzerland]. Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD) (June 10, 2014). "Update of the generic definition for tryptamines" (PDF). Government Digital Service. p. 12. Retrieved January 1, 2020.
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.