Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
This is an Experimental Substance with little data. This is most likely because the substance is is not very old. Information is limite and incomplete.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
PRO-LAD Also known as:
propyl-9,10-didehyd[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] roergolin-8-carboxa mid
propyl-9,10-didehyd[ACD/IUPAC Name] roergoline-8-carbox amide
propyl-9,10-didéhyd[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] roergoline-8-carbox amide
ide, 9,10-didehydro[ACD/Index Name] -N,N-diethyl-6-prop yl-, (8β)-
,9-hexahydro-indolo [4,3-fg]quinoline-9 -carboxylic acid di ethylamide
A very rare lysergamide that is slightly less potent than LSD, yet with a shorter duration of action.
It is a structural analog of LSD and is part of a series of LSD analogs which includes AL-LAD and ETH-LAD. PRO-LAD was first investigated by Andrew J. Hoffman and David E.
Nichols in 1984 as part of a series of LSD analogs. It was later described as an analog of LSD by Alexander Shulgin in the book TiHKAL (“Tryptamines I Have Known and Loved”), in which one report remarks that it is “good for humor, even excellent. .
. very good for clear thinking, although not cosmic-type particularly. " It has been sold on the online research chemical market alongside lysergamides like 1P-LSD and AL-LAD as a legal, grey-market alternative to LSD.
Subjective effects are similar to LSD and include open and closed-eye visuals, time distortion, enhanced introspection, ego loss, and euphoria. It has been reported to be around as potent as LSD itself with an active dose reported at between 100 and 200 micrograms. Very little data exists about the pharmacological properties, metabolism, and toxicity of PRO-LAD, and it has little history of human usage.
It is highly advised use harm reduction practices if using this substance.
PRO-LAD is a structural analog of lysergic acid, with an N,N-diethylamide functional group bound to RN of the chemical structure.
This core polycyclic structure is an ergoline derivative, and has overlapping tryptamine and phenethylamine groups embedded within it (although it is principally classed as a tryptamine). PRO-LAD’s structure contains a bicyclic hexahydroindole fused to a bicyclic quinoline group (nor-lysergic acid).
Unlike LSD, PRO-LAD does not contain a methyl group substituted at R6 of its nor-lysergic acid skeleton, this is represented by the nor- prefix.
Instead, PRO-LAD is substituted at R6 with a propyl group.
At carbon 8 of the quinoline a N,N-diethyl carboxamide is bound. PRO-LAD is a derivative of LSD, differing by the addition of two carbons to the methyl group at R6 of the structure to form a propyl chain.
PRO-LAD is also homologous to ETH-LAD, which contains an ethyl substitution at R6 instead of a propyl chain. PRO-LAD is a chiral compound with two stereocenters at R5 and R8.
PRO-LAD, also called (+)-D-PRO-LAD, has an absolute configuration of (5R, 8R).
|Avg. Mass||351.4852 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||351.231049 Da|
Subscribe for the latest updates
|PRO-LAD Duration Data|
- "COMPOUND SUMMARY: Pro-lad". National Center for Biotechnology Information. CID 44457803. Retrieved May 5, 2017.
- Hoffman, Andrew J.; Nichols, David E. (1985). "Synthesis and LSD-like discriminative stimulus properties in a series of N(6)-alkyl norlysergic acid N,N-diethylamide derivatives". Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 28 (9): 1252–1255. :10.1021/jm00147a022. 0022-2623.
- Shulgin, A., & Shulgin, A. (1991). Erowid Online Books: "TIHKAL" - #51. PRO-LAD. Retrieved April 14, 2017.
- Talaie, H.; Panahandeh, R.; Fayaznouri, M. R.; Asadi, Z.; Abdollahi, M. (2009). "Dose-independent occurrence of seizure with tramadol". Journal of Medical Toxicology. 5 (2): 63–67. :10.1007/BF03161089. 1556-9039.
- "Anlage NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz [Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection]. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Verordnung zur Änderung der Anlage des Neue-psychoaktive-Stoffe-Gesetzes und von Anlagen des Betäubungsmittelgesetzes" (PDF). Bundesgesetzblatt Jahrgang 2019 Teil I Nr. 27 (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. July 17, 2019. pp. 1083–1094. Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- "§ 4 NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz [Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection]. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Noteikumi par Latvijā kontrolējamajām narkotiskajām vielām, psihotropajām vielām un prekursoriem" (in Latvian). VSIA Latvijas Vēstnesis. November 10, 2005. Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- "Verordnung des EDI über die Verzeichnisse der Betäubungsmittel, psychotropen Stoffe, Vorläuferstoffe und Hilfschemikalien: Änderung vom 2. November 2015" (PDF) (in German). Bundeskanzlei [Federal Chancellery of Switzerland]. Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD) (June 10, 2014). "Update of the generic definition for tryptamines" (PDF). Government Digital Service. p. 12. Retrieved January 1, 2020.
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.