Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
This is an Experimental Substance with little data. This is most likely because the substance is is not very old. Information is limite and incomplete.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
MiPT Also known as:
ine, N-methyl-N-(1-[ACD/Index Name] methylethyl)-
)ethyl]-N-methyl-2-[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] propanamin
)ethyl]-N-methyl-2-[ACD/IUPAC Name] propanamine
)éthyl]-N-méthyl-2-[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] propanamine
- MFCD09033203[MDL number]
N-Methyl-N-isopropyltryptamine, a tryptamine analogue of DMT, a very uncommon drug with very few reports of human use. Described as ‘more psychedelic than hallucinogenic’ users report only mild visuals with some stimulation and cognitive effects. One of the more stable tryptamines.
It is structurally related to tryptamines like DMT, DiPT, and MET, although it is reported to produce qualitatively different effects. Its effects are generally described as mild, indistinct, and highly variable between users. In contrast to many related tryptamines, it is able to be taken orally.
MiPT was first synthesized and investigated by Alexander Shulgin and described in his book TiHKAL (“Tryptamines I Have Known and Loved”). In the commentary, Shulgin notes that “there is almost a total lack of visual phenomena. .
. no wave-forms, color distortion or object shape changes, and no eyes-closed imagery, unlike most N,N-disubstituted tryptamines. " Today, MiPT remains relatively uncommon and is either used as a recreational or an entheogenic substance.
It has been distributed online as a research chemical. Very little data exists about the pharmacological properties, metabolism, and toxicity of MiPT in humans, and it has little history of human usage.
|Avg. Mass||216.322 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||216.162643 Da|
Become an Exclusive Member For Free
Become a member now, sign up, and get free updates, news articles, and the latest happenings in the Psychedelic World.
Due to its relative obscurity, the possession and sale of MiPT is unscheduled in most countries.
- Shulgin, Alexander; Shulgin, Ann (1997). "#47. MIPT". TiHKAL: The Continuation. United States: Transform Press. 0-9630096-9-9. OCLC 38503252.
- "Anlage NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz [Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection]. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Verordnung zur Änderung der Anlage des Neue-psychoaktive-Stoffe-Gesetzes und von Anlagen des Betäubungsmittelgesetzes" (PDF). Bundesgesetzblatt Jahrgang 2019 Teil I Nr. 27 (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. July 17, 2019. pp. 1083–1094. Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- "§ 4 NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz [Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection]. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Part I: Class A Drugs". "Misuse of Drugs Act 1971". UK Government. Retrieved January 7, 2020.
- 1717 CheMall HE046804
- 1717 CheMall HE419781
- AKos AKOS015967218
- American Custom Chemicals Corp AAA0009558
- Aurora Fine Chemicals A30.817.380
- Aurora Fine Chemicals K19.083.196
- BGS International BG04234958
- BOC Sciences 96096-52-5
- ChEMBL CHEMBL353728
- ChemIDplus 96096525
- eMolecules 976995
- Erowid MIPT
- FDA UNII - NLM JO3SCR302A
- LabNetwork LN01320435
- MuseChem R030118
- NIST Spectra mainlib_335454
- Springer Nature A qualitative/quantitative approach for the detection of 37 tryptamine-derived designer drugs, 5 ??-carbolines, ibogaine, and yohimbine in human urine and plasma using standard urine screening and multi-analyte approaches
- Springer Nature Dimethyltryptamine and other hallucinogenic tryptamines exhibit substrate behavior at the serotonin uptake transporter and the vesicle monoamine transporter
- Springer Nature Simultaneous determination of tryptamine analogues in designer drugs using gas chromatographyu2013mass spectrometry and liquid chromatographyu2013tandem mass spectrometry
- VulcanChem VC207815
- Wikidata Q3491377
- Wikipedia Methylisopropyltryptamine
- Wikipedia N-Methyl-N-isopropyltryptamine
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.