Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
Methallylescaline Also known as:
[(2-methyl-2-propen[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] -1-yl)oxy]phenyl}et hanamin
[(2-methyl-2-propen[ACD/IUPAC Name] -1-yl)oxy]phenyl}et hanamine
[(2-méthyl-2-propén[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] -1-yl)oxy]phényl}ét hanamine
[(2-methylprop-2-en[ACD/IUPAC Name] -1-yl)oxy]phenyl}et hanamine
3,5-dimethoxy-4-[(2[ACD/Index Name] -methyl-2-propen-1- yl)oxy]-
(2-methyl-allyloxy) -phenyl]-ethylamine HCl
[(2-methylprop-2-en -1-yl)oxy]phenyl}et han-1-amine
-methyl-2-propen-1- yl)oxy]benzeneethan amine
- Methallylescaline H
Mescaline analogue first synthesised by Alexander Shulgin, derived from and less potent than allylescaline. A psychedelic phenethylamine which causes stimulation, euphoria and hallucinatory experiences.
It is reported to produce hallucinogenic and stimulant effects comparable to that of other mescaline analogs (e. g. allylescaline, proscaline, and escaline) when administered.
The effects of methallylescaline were first described by Alexander Shulgin in his book PiHKAL: A Chemical Love Story. He lists the dosage range as 40mg to 60mg orally and describes the duration of action to be 8 - 12 hours. Very little data exists about the pharmacological properties, metabolism, and toxicity of methallylescaline, and it has little history of human usage.
It is highly advised to use harm reduction practices if using this substance.
Methallylescaline contains two methoxy functional groups (CH3O-) which are attached to carbons R3 and R5 of the phenyl ring. Methallylescaline is substituted at R4 with a methallyloxy chain.
This three carbon chain consists of a R2 methyl substituted allyl group with a double bond on the terminal carbon.
This chain is connected to the phenyl ring at R4 through an ether (oxygen) bridge.
|Avg. Mass||251.3214 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||251.152145 Da|
|Methallylescaline Duration Data|
- Conceptual thinking
- Cognitive euphoria
- Emotion enhancement
- Immersion enhancement
- Increased music appreciation
- Memory suppression
- Novelty enhancement
- Personal bias suppression
- Thought acceleration
- Thought loops
- Time distortion
Methallylescaline likely acts as a 5-HT2A partial agonist. The psychedelic effects are believed to come from methallylescaline’s efficacy at the 5-HT2A receptors. However, the role of these interactions and how they result in the psychedelic experience continues to remain elusive.
- Stimulation - In terms of its effects on the physical energy levels of the user, methallylescaline is usually considered to be very energetic and stimulating. For example, when taken in any environment it will usually encourage physical activities such as running, walking, climbing or dancing. In comparison, other more commonly used psychedelics such as psilocin are generally sedating and relaxed.
- Spontaneous bodily sensations - The "body high" of methallylescaline can be described as proportionally intense in comparison to its accompanying visual and cognitive effects. It is manifested in a number of forms including an intense soft, warm glow that grows over the body and is capable of becoming extremely physically euphoric. This is most similar to MDMA and MDA and is consistently manifested throughout the experience. This is contrasted by an intensely pleasurable yet sharp, cold electric tingling sensation which moves up and down the body. This is most similar to mescaline and is also consistently manifested throughout the trip. The final physical effect noticed throughout the experience is an intense energetic pins and needles sensation that manifests itself in the form of a continuously shifting and tingling sensation that travels up and down the body in spontaneous waves. This is most similar to 2C-I and is not entirely consistent throughout the trip.
- Physical euphoria - Relative to other psychedelics, methallylescaline has been noted for the bodily or physically euphoric aspect that is vaguely reminiscent of other phenethylamines like MDA.
- Nausea - Nausea is commonly reported when consumed in moderate to high doses and either passes instantly once the user has vomited or gradually fades by itself as the peak sets in.
- Tactile enhancement - Feelings of enhanced tactile sensations are consistently present at moderate levels throughout most methallylescaline experiences. If Level 8A geometry is reached, an intense sensation of suddenly becoming aware of and being able to feel every single nerve ending across a person's entire body all at once is consistently present.
- Appetite suppression
- Frequent urination
- Increased heart rate
- Increased libido
- Muscle contractions
- Pupil dilation
- Drifting (melting, breathing, morphing and flowing)
- Colour shifting
- Depth perception distortions
- Perspective distortions
- Symmetrical texture repetition
- After images
- Brightness alteration
The visual geometry encountered on methallylescaline can be described as similar in appearance to that of ayahuasca or psilocin in the sense that its geometry is structured in its organization as well as natural and organic in style. However, in terms of its bright color palette and sharp edges, it is also similar to that of LSD, 2C-B and 2C-I.
The geometry can be comprehensively described as:
- Organic in geometric style
- Equally abstract and algorithmic in appearance
- Intricate in complexity
- Structured in its organization
- Fast in speed
- Smooth in motion
- Equally large and small in appearance - It has a variable size that spontaneously changes between large and small in appearance.
- Multicoloured in scheme
- Glossy in colour
- Sharp and angular in its corners
- Level 8B - While the geometry produced by mescaline has yet to be fully characterized, the geometry gives off certain attributes which are significantly more likely to result in states of level 8A visual geometry over level 8B at higher doses.
- Internal hallucination (autonomous entities; settings, sceneries, and landscapes; perspective hallucinations and scenarios and plots)
- #99 MAL: Methallylescaline; 3,5-Dimethoxy-4-methallyloxyphenethylamine (PiHKAL) | http://isomerdesign.com/PiHKAL/read.php?id=99&domain=pk |
- "Gesetz zur Bekämpfung der Verbreitung neuer psychoaktiver Stoffe" (PDF) (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Anlage NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "§ 4 NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- Psychoactive Substances Act 2016 (Legislation.gov.uk) | http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2016/2/contents/enacted
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.