Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
This is an Experimental Substance with little data. This is most likely because the substance is is not very old. Information is limite and incomplete.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
MET Also known as:
A rare psychedelic tryptamine, related to DMT and DET. Little information exists about the effects or pharmacology of this drug.
It is structurally related to DMT and is similarly unique among psychedelics due to its short-lived effects, rapid onset and progressive stages. The fumarate salt has been reported as being active via smoking/vaporization at 15-65 mg and orally at 80-110 mg. When smoked or vaporized it has been reported to produce effects similar to those of DMT with some distinct stylistic variations which include a more grounded headspace, stimulating physical effects, and reduced subjective intensity.
Very little data exists about the pharmacological properties, metabolism, and toxicity of MET, and it has a very brief history of human usage. Today, it is either used recreationally or as an entheogenic substance and has been exclusively distributed by online research chemical vendors since mid-2016. Due to its unstudied properties and effects, it is highly advised to approach this novel psychedelic substance with the proper precautions and harm reduction practices if choosing to use it.
Tryptamines share a core structure that comprises a bicyclic indole heterocycle attached at R3 to an amino group via an ethyl side chain.
Unlike DMT, which contains two methyl groups, MET contains groups of one methyl and one ethyl carbon chains bound to the terminal amine RN of its tryptamine backbone.
|Avg. Mass||202.2954 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||202.147003 Da|
Due to its relative obscurity, the possession and sale of MET is unscheduled in most countries.
- "Anlage NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz [Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection]. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Verordnung zur Änderung der Anlage des Neue-psychoaktive-Stoffe-Gesetzes und von Anlagen des Betäubungsmittelgesetzes" (PDF). Bundesgesetzblatt Jahrgang 2019 Teil I Nr. 27 (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. July 17, 2019. pp. 1083–1094. Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- "§ 4 NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz [Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection]. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Schedule 1 Class A controlled drugs". "Reprint as at 13 August 2019: Misuse of Drugs Act 1975". Parliamentary Counsel Office. Retrieved January 7, 2020.
- "The Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (Modification) Order 1977". The National Archives. July 26, 1977. Retrieved January 10, 2020.
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.