Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
This is an Experimental Substance with little data. This is most likely because the substance is is not very old. Information is limite and incomplete.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
LSM-775 Also known as:
-didehydroergolin-8[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] -yl](4-morpholinyl) methanon
-didehydroergolin-8[ACD/IUPAC Name] -yl](4-morpholinyl) methanone
-didéhydroergolin-8[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] -yl](4-morpholinyl) méthanone
- Methanone, [(8β)-9,
10-didehydro-6-meth[ACD/Index Name] ylergolin-8-yl]-4-m orpholinyl-
- 4-Lysergic acid mor
- D-Lysergic acid mor
ylic acid, 9,10-did ehydro-6-methyl-, m orpholide
- Lysergic acid morph
- Morpholine, 4-(((8-
β)-9,10-didehydro-6 -methylergolin-8-yl )carbonyl)- (9CI)
- Morpholine, 4-lyser
Psychedelic of the lysergamide class, less potent by weight and produces a rather mild, dreamy and even sedating trip compared to its bigger brother LSD.
It is a close structural homolog of LSD known mainly for its obscurity, low relative potency, and a few comments that have been made on the "dream-like" sedation it produces as well as potential nausea and other potentially uncomfortable physical effects. LSM-775 was first investigated in animal models in 1957, where it was observed to be "qualitatively similar to LSD" albeit with a significantly lower potency and "half the duration". It was later briefly described as one of the many analogs of LSD by Alexander Shulgin in his book TiHKAL ("Tryptamines I Have Known and Loved"), in which he mentions conflicting reports, with one stating that "75 micrograms is an effective dose, comparable to a similar dose of LSD, and the other stating that "between 350 and 700 micrograms was needed" while producing "fewer signs of cardiovascular stimulation and peripheral toxicity.
" Since then, it has been observed that the latter observation is a more accurate description of LSM-775’s potency in humans, meaning it possesses about 1/10th the potency of LSD. Very little data exists about the pharmacological properties, metabolism, and toxicity of LSM-775, and it has very little history of human usage. It has recently appeared on the market alongside research chemical psychedelic lysergamides such as AL-LAD, ETH-LAD and PARGY-LAD as a legal, grey-market alternative to LSD, and commercially distributed through online research chemical vendors (although it is considered to be one of the least popular and available in the series).
Despite its low observed potency relative to LSD, it is still highly advised to approach this unstudied hallucinogenic substance with the proper amount of precaution and harm reduction practices if one chooses to use it.
LSM-775 is a structural analog of lysergic acid, with a morpholinyl functional group bound to RN of the chemical structure.
This core polycyclic structure is an ergoline derivative, and has overlapping tryptamine and phenethylamine groups embedded within it (although it is principally classed as a tryptamine).
|SMILES||CN1C[[email protected]@H](C=C2[[email protected]]1Cc3c[nH]c4c3c2ccc4)C(=O)N5CCOCC5|
|Avg. Mass||337.4155 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||337.179016 Da|
|LSM-775 Duration Data|
The cognitive effects of LSM-775 can be broken down into several components which progressively intensify proportional to dosage. In comparison to other psychedelics such as psilocybin, AL-LAD and mescaline, LSM-775 is likely able to be described as generally more stimulating and fast-paced in terms of the specific style of thought stream(s) produced and contains a large number of potential effects. However, relative to other lysergamides, it has been noted as being more sedating and "dream-like", in a manner that has drawn comparisons to LSA. The most prominent of these cognitive effects generally include:
- Analysis enhancement
- Anxiety & Paranoia
- Personal bias suppression
- Novelty enhancement
- Conceptual thinking
- Immersion enhancement
- Novelty enhancement
- Increased music appreciation
- Increased sense of humor
- Thought acceleration
- Thought connectivity
- Thought loops
- Language suppression
- Memory suppression
- Déjà vu
- Time distortion - This component has been reported to be particularly pronounced relative to other psychedelics.
LSM-775 likely acts as a 5-HT2A partial agonist. The psychedelic effects are believed to come from LSM-775’s efficacy at the 5-HT2A receptors. However, the role of these interactions and how they result in the psychedelic experience continues to remain an object of scientific elucidation.
- Spontaneous physical sensations - The "body high" of LSM-775 can be characterized as prominent in comparison to its accompanying visual and cognitive effects. Like LSD, it can behave as a fast-moving, sharp and location specific or generalized tingling sensation, although this feeling is not necessarily pleasant and often manifests in a neutral way. For some, it is manifested spontaneously at different, unpredictable points throughout the trip, but for most, it maintains a steady presence that rises with the onset and hits its limit once the peak has been reached.
- Physical euphoria - This component can occur with the development of spontaneous bodily sensations.
- Bodily control enhancement
- Stamina enhancement - This component is generally mild in comparison to traditional stimulants.
- Appetite suppression
- Difficulty urinating or Frequent urination
- Temperature regulation suppression
- Increased blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
- Increased perspiration
- Muscle contractions
- Muscle cramps
- Muscle spasms
- Olfactory hallucination
- Mouth numbing
- Excessive yawning
- Watery eyes
- Pupil dilation
- Teeth grinding - This component is considerably less intense when compared with that of substances like MDMA.
- Seizure - This is an effect whose likelihood is largely extrapolated from the seizures that have been reported from the use of LSD. They are thought to mainly be a risk in those who are genetically predisposed to them, particularly while accompanied by physically taxing conditions such as states of dehydration, fatigue or undernourishment. The extent to which this differs from the seizure risk posed by LSD is totally unknown; however, it should be noted that there are no documented cases of seizures occurring with this compound to date.
- Synaesthesia - In its fullest manifestation, this is a very rare and non-reproducible effect. Increasing the dosage can increase the likelihood of this occurring, but seems to only be a prominent part of the experience among those who are already predisposed to synaesthetic states.
- Drifting (melting, breathing, morphing and flowing)
- Brightness alteration
- Colour shifting
- Depth perception distortions
- After images
- Perspective distortions
- Symmetrical texture repetition
The visual geometry that is potentially present throughout this trip can be likely described as more similar in appearance to that of MET or 2C-B than psilocin, or DMT. It can be tentatively be described through its variations as primarily intricate in complexity, algorithmic in form, structured in organization, brightly lit, colourful in scheme, synthetic in feel, multicoloured in scheme, flat in shading, sharp in edges, large in size, fast in speed, smooth in motion, angular in its corners, immersive in-depth and consistent in intensity. At higher dosages, it may almost consistently result in states of Level 8A or Level 8B visual geometry.
- Internal hallucination (autonomous entities; settings, sceneries, and landscapes; perspective hallucinations and scenarios and plots)
- Gogerty, J. H.; Dille, J. M. (1975). "Pharmacology of d-lysergic acid morpholide (LSM)". Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 120 (3): 340–348. 1521-0103. 0022-3565. OCLC 1606914. PMID 13476356.
- Shulgin, Alexander; Shulgin, Ann (1997). "#26. LSD-25". TiHKAL: The Continuation. United States: Transform Press. 0-9630096-9-9. OCLC 38503252.
- Talaie, H.; Panahandeh, R.; Fayaznouri, M. R.; Asadi, Z.; Abdollahi, M. (2009). "Dose-independent occurrence of seizure with tramadol". Journal of Medical Toxicology. 5 (2): 63–67. :10.1007/BF03161089. 1556-9039.
- "Anlage NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz [Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection]. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Verordnung zur Änderung der Anlage des Neue-psychoaktive-Stoffe-Gesetzes und von Anlagen des Betäubungsmittelgesetzes" (PDF). Bundesgesetzblatt Jahrgang 2019 Teil I Nr. 27 (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. July 17, 2019. pp. 1083–1094. Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- "§ 4 NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz [Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection]. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.