Psychoactive Research chemicals are new synthetic substances that are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Research on the effects of, and treatment for, abuse of these drugs is limited due to the fact that they’re fairly new and have avoided mainstream notice. Research chemicals do not have a lot of human consumption data, and thus harm-reduction and special care should be taken if choosing to ingest them.
Psychedelics are drugs which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality, otherwise known as hallucinations. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might see images, hear sounds or feel sensations. These chemicals offer some of the most intense psychological experiences and care should be taken when ingesting them.
Experimental drugs have extremely limited human consumption data. There is not enough reliable information about this substance. This is most likely because the substance is is not very old. Information on these substances is limite and incomplete. Please be cautioned. Always practice harm reduction.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most power and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
Practice Harm Reduction. Proceed with Caution.
Also known as:
ine, N-ethyl-N-prop[ACD/Index Name] yl-
dol-3-yl)ethyl]-1-p[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] ropanamin
dol-3-yl)ethyl]-1-p[ACD/IUPAC Name] ropanamine
dol-3-yl)éthyl]-1-p[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] ropanamine
Ethylpropyltryptamine a novel tryptamine, that is the structural homologue of DMT.
EPT is chemically related to DMT and belongs to a series of psychedelic compounds known as unsubstituted tryptamines. The original synthesis date of EPT is unknown. It first appeared for sale on the online research chemical market in 2016.
Unlike most research chemicals, EPT has no documentation in the scientific literature. It appears to be an entirely novel product of clandestine drug design. Initial reports describe the effects of EPT as mild and indistinct compared to structurally similar base tryptamines such as DMT, DET and DPT, all of which are highly powerful psychedelics.
Of these, it is reported to be most similar to DPT, albeit less potent and with a less immersive headspace. Virtually no data exists about the pharmacological properties, metabolism, and toxicity of EPT. It is highly advised to use harm reduction practices if using this substance.
Tryptamines share a core structure comprised of a bicyclic indole heterocycle attached at R3 to an amino group via an ethyl side chain.
EPT features one propyl and one ethyl groups bound to the terminal amine RN of its tryptamine backbone. EPT is the N-ethyl analog of DPT and the N-propyl analog of DET.
It is also an analog of 4-HO-EPT and [4-AcO-EPT]].
|Avg. Mass||230.3486 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||230.178299 Da|
Interactions and Synergies
There are no existing interaction or synergy data for this drug.
|Marguis Test Result|
Like with most psychedelic tryptamines, EPT is thought to act principally as a 5-HT2A partial agonist. The psychedelic effects are believed to come from EPT’s binding efficacy at the 5-HT2A receptors. However, the role of these interactions and how they result in the psychedelic experience remain the subject of ongoing scientific investigation.
- Drifting (melting, breathing, morphing and flowing)
- Object alteration
- Symmetrical texture repetition
Due to its relative obscurity, the possession and sale of EPT is unscheduled in most countries.
- "Anlage NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz [Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection]. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Verordnung zur Änderung der Anlage des Neue-psychoaktive-Stoffe-Gesetzes und von Anlagen des Betäubungsmittelgesetzes" (PDF). Bundesgesetzblatt Jahrgang 2019 Teil I Nr. 27 (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. July 17, 2019. pp. 1083–1094. Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- "§ 4 NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz [Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection]. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Part I: Class A Drugs". "Misuse of Drugs Act 1971". UK Government. Retrieved January 7, 2020.
- 1717 CheMall LP107992
- 1717 CheMall OR003566
- abcr AB116991
- ABI Chemicals AC2A00B0J
- Advanced Technology & Industrial 1100222
- Advanced Technology & Industrial 4149355
- AK Scientific 6518AL
- AKos AKOS002685653
- Alfa Aesar A15407
- Alfa Chemistry 1987-50-4
- Alfa Chemistry ACM1987504
- Alichem A019146476
- Amadis Chemical A814024
- Ambeed A658227
- American Custom Chemicals Corp CHM0025739
- Angene AG-A-75546
- Angene AGN-PC-0JKCPH
- Anward ANW-23836
- Apollo Scientific Limited OR24676
- Ark Pharm, Inc. AK167106
- Aurora Fine Chemicals A00.762.871
- BGS International BG01509857
- BGS International BG05336224
- Bide Pharmatech BD99352
- BIONET-Key Organics AS-47932
- Biosynth W-107667
- BLDpharm BD99352
- BOC Sciences 1987-50-4
- Cayman Chemical CM280057
- ChEBI CHEBI:34438
- ChEMBL CHEMBL149752
- ChemDB 4730713
- Chemenu CM280057
- ChemIDplus 001987504
- ChemIDplus 1987504
- ChemIDplus 72624023
- Chemspace CSC000036509
- CSDeposition Service DB03941
- Debyesci DB-034924
- DiscoveryGate 16143
- DrugBank DB03941
- eMolecules 718195
- eNovation Chemicals K97121
- EPA DSSTox 116_HPVISD_v1b
- EPA DSSTox 2718_HPVCSI_v2c
- EPA DSSTox DTXCID209036
- FDA UNII - NLM I743Z35DVB
- FDA UNII - NLM UNII: I743Z35DVB
- Finetech Industry FT-0618580
- Fluorochem 463932
- iChemical EBD7771
- Infotherm 22871
- Jalor-Chem I01-6623
- Jean-Claude Bradley Open Melting Point Dataset 5443
- KEGG C14698
- LabNetwork LN01364012
- Laboratory Chemical Safety Summary 16143
- Labseeker SC-76441
- LGC Standards DRE-C14136500
- Mcule MCULE-1814167078
- MMDB 6722
- MMDB 6722.7
- Molport MolPort-000-183-590
- MuseChem M124080
- NIST Chemistry WebBook 4020916700
- NIST Spectra mainlib_301632
- NIST Spectra nist ri
- Parchem – fine & specialty chemicals 44579
- PDB EPT
- PIChemicals PI-11987
- PubChem 16143
- PubMed 11873977
- PubMed 15084407
- PubMed 15210300
- PubMed 15794093
- PubMed 15979687
- PubMed 16280211
- PubMed 17207868
- PubMed 17344102
- Rosewachem RW078480
- Royal Society of Chemistry b403124e
- Royal Society of Chemistry c1jm11839k
- Royal Society of Chemistry c1jm11839k
- Sabio-RK 21950
- Shanghai IS Chemical Technology I01-6623
- Sigma-Aldrich ALDRICH-CDS000684
- Sigma-Aldrich AldrichCPR-CDS000684
- Sigma-Aldrich CDS000684
- Springer Nature Accelerated solvent extraction then liquid chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry for determination of 4-t-octylphenol, 4-nonylphenols, and bisphenol A in fish liver
- Springer Nature Certification of reference materials for the determination of alkylphenols
- Springer Nature Combined isobutoxycarbonylation andtert-butyldimethylsilylation for the GC/MS-SIM detection of alkylphenols, chlorophenols and bisphenol a in mackerel samples
- Springer Nature Determination of alkylphenols and alkylphenol ethoxylates in sewage sludge: effect of sample pre-treatment
- Springer Nature Determination of alkylphenols in water samples by solid-phase extraction on to poly(styrene-divinylbenzene) and quantification by liquid chromatography with UV-detection
- Springer Nature Isolation and Characterization of Marine Nonylphenol-Degrading Bacteria and Description of Pseudomaricurvus alkylphenolicus gen. nov., sp. nov.
- Springer Nature Water content variation of p-n-heptylphenol reference material
- SynQuest 2701-1-22
- TCI H0615
- Thieme Chemistry 10.1055/s-0031-1289857
- Tractus Company Limited TR-009241
- Tractus Company Limited TRA0037597
- VulcanChem VC325063
- Wikidata Q27094802
- Wonderchem WD05J2Q
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks for ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.