Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
This is an Experimental Substance with little data. This is most likely because the substance is is not very old. Information is limite and incomplete.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
DET Also known as:
ine, N,N-diethyl-[ACD/Index Name]
ine, N,N-diethyl- ( 9CI)
- 5-22-10-00050 (Beil
stein Handbook Refe[Beilstein] rence)
- Indole, 3-(2-(dieth
NE METHANOL SOLUTION
- tryptamine, N,N-die
A surprisingly uncommon analogue of DMT with similar effects and reported oral activity without the aid of an MAOI.
It is extremely uncommon and has little history of human usage.
Tryptamines share a core structure comprised of a bicylic indole heterocycle attached at R3 to an amino group via an ethyl side chain.
DMT contains two ethyl groups CH2CH3- bound to the terminal amine RN of its tryptamine backbone.
DET has many substituted analogues such as 4-HO-DET (“ethocin”).
|Avg. Mass||216.322 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||216.162643 Da|
- Conceptual thinking
- Cognitive euphoria
- Emotion enhancement
- Immersion enhancement
- Increased music appreciation
- Memory suppression
- Novelty enhancement
- Personal bias suppression
- Thought loops
- Time distortion
Due to the lack of research regarding the substance, all discussion regarding the pharmacology of it is purely based on its structure and subjective effect similarities to other tryptamine psychedelics such as psilocin and DMT. With this in mind, DET is thought to act as an 5-HT2A partial agonist. Unlike DMT, the ethyl groups add protection against the monoamine oxidase enzyme system, allowing DET to be orally active, while DMT is not. However, the role of these interactions and how they result in the psychedelic experience continues to remain elusive.
- Spontaneous physical sensations
- Increased heart rate
- Increased blood pressure
- Pupil dilation
- Drifting (melting, breathing, morphing and flowing)
- Colour shifting
- Depth perception distortions
- Perspective distortions
- Symmetrical texture repetition
- After images
- Brightness alteration
- Internal hallucination (autonomous entities; settings, sceneries, and landscapes; perspective hallucinations and scenarios and plots)
- Talaie, H., Panahandeh, R., Fayaznouri, M. R., Asadi, Z., & Abdollahi, M. (2009). Dose-independent occurrence of seizure with tramadol. Journal of medical toxicology, 5(2), 63-67. doi:10.1007/BF03161089
- "Anlage I BtMG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz [Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection]. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Sechste Verordnung über die den Betäubungsmitteln gleichgestellten Stoffe" (PDF). Bundesgesetzblatt Jahrgang 1974 Teil I Nr. 6 (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. January 23, 1974. pp. 97–98. Retrieved January 7, 2020.
- "§ 29 BtMG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz [Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection]. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Tabella I" (PDF) (in Italian). Ministero della Salute [Ministry of Health]. p. 8. Retrieved January 7, 2020.
- "Schedule 1 Class A controlled drugs". "Reprint as at 13 August 2019: Misuse of Drugs Act 1975". Parliamentary Counsel Office. Retrieved January 7, 2020.
- "Part I: Class A Drugs". "Misuse of Drugs Act 1971". UK Government. Retrieved January 7, 2020.
- "Controlled Substances: by CSA Schedule" (PDF). U.S. Department of Justice. August 21, 2019. p. 4. Retrieved January 7, 2020.
- ACToR: Aggregated Computational Toxicology Resource 61-51-8
- American Custom Chemicals Corp API0014206
- American Custom Chemicals Corp API0014346
- Angene AGN-PC-04XNLW
- Aurora Fine Chemicals K05.114.781
- BindingDB 50094676
- ChEMBL CHEMBL142936
- ChemDB 4514943
- ChemIDplus 000061518
- ChemIDplus 61518
- CSDeposition Service DB01460
- DiscoveryGate 6090
- DrugBank DB01460
- DSigDB d4ttd_7573
- eMolecules 976819
- EPA DSSTox DTXCID7031373
- Erowid DET
- FDA UNII - NLM 916E8V4S2V
- FDA UNII - NLM UNII: 916E8V4S2V
- iChemical EBD3060168
- Jean-Claude Bradley Open Melting Point Dataset 16302
- LeadScope LS-82868
- NIAID 517294
- NIST Chemistry WebBook 4120394730
- NIST Spectra mainlib_246229
- NIST Spectra nist ri
- NIST Spectra replib_123163
- NIST Spectra replib_125730
- NIST Spectra replib_335559
- PubChem 6090
- PubMed 11900766
- PubMed 13641966
- PubMed 13735146
- PubMed 14222512
- PubMed 171694
- PubMed 4165027
- PubMed 5034205
- PubMed 5306645
- PubMed 5330062
- PubMed 5709792
- PubMed 5839429
- PubMed 6577915
- RSC Learn Chemistry Wiki N,N-Diethyltryptamine
- Springer Nature 6-Hydroxylation: An important metabolic route for ??-methyltryptamine
- Springer Nature Der Einflu?? von iproniazid auf die antiemetische Wirkung von Reserpin, Rescinnamin, Raubasin (Ajmalicin), Tetrabenazin und Chlorpromazin bei Hunden und Katzen
- Springer Nature Effects of psychotropic drugs on open-field behaviour in rats
- Springer Nature Electroencephalographic studies on the development of tolerance and cross tolerance to mescaline in the rat
- Springer Nature Pharmakologische und biochemische Wirkungen des Diaethyltryptamins (DET)
- Springer Nature The effects of naloxone, chlorpromazine, and haloperidol pretreatment on levallorphan-induced disruption of rats' operant behaviour
- Springer Nature Vitamin requirements ofNemalion multifidum
- Thomson Pharma 00513735
- Wikidata Q2617768
- Wikipedia Diethyltryptamine
- ZINC ZINC01999162
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.