Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
Bromo-DragonFLY Also known as:
]benzofuran-4-yl[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] )-2-propanamin
f]benzofuran-4-y[ACD/IUPAC Name] l)-2-propanamine
f]benzofuran-4-y[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] l)-2-propanamine
difuran-4-ethanamin[ACD/Index Name] e, 8-bromo-α-methyl-
- BROMO-DRAGONFLY, (+
- BROMO-DRAGONFLY, (±
2-b;4,5-b']difuran- 4-yl)-1-methyl-ethy lamine
A psychedelic phenethylamine and benzofuran that is very potent and has a long duration. Was briefly sold as “2C-B-FLY” in 2005/6 and has lead to multiple deaths.
It produces an array of extremely dose-sensitive psychedelic effects when administered. It was first synthesized in 1998 by Matthew Parker from DOB-FLY. Bromo-DragonFLY is extremely potent and produces unusually long effects which reportedly can last up to several days.
It is considered to have one-third the potency of LSD by weight, making it remarkably potent relative to the vast majority of psychedelics. Due to its high potency and unpredictable dose-response, many reports indicate that the effects of this substance may end up being overly difficult to use safely for those who are not already experienced with hallucinogens. Specifically, given that the dosage and duration of this substance have yet not been fully determined, users are advised to start at the lowest possible, intake only through the oral routes of administration, and never re-dose during any time throughout the experience.
Very little is known about the pharmacology, metabolism and toxicity about Bromo-DragonFLY in humans. It briefly gained popularity among research chemicals circa 2010 until several deaths occurred after the substance was accidentally mislabeled and sold as 2C-B-FLY, leading to its prohibition. Bromo-DragonFLY has never been documented as being sold on the street and has seemingly stopped production on research chemicals gray market.
Due to its novelty and extremely short history of human usage, all information related to the use of this compound should be received with extreme caution. It is strongly recommended that one use the utmost harm reduction practices if choosing to take this substance.
Bromo-DragonFLY is an atypical psychedelic phenethylamine which is closely analogous to DOB; it is the difuran analog to DOB, where it incorporates the methoxy groups bound to R2 and R5 of DOB into five member furan rings fused to the central benzene ring. Bromo-DragonFLY belongs to a group of phenethylamine derivatives referred to as the DragonFLY compounds, named for their insect-like appearance of two “wing-like” furan rings fused on the opposite sides of the central benzene ring. It is worth noting that the R-isomer of the molecule is considerably more active than the other and as such doses must be adjusted accordingly.
|Avg. Mass||294.1439 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||293.005127 Da|
|Bromo-DragonFLY Duration Data|
- Bromo-Dragonfly Fatalities / Deaths by Erowid | https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/bromo_dragonfly/bromo_dragonfly_death.shtml
- A novel (benzodifuranyl)aminoalkane with extremely potent activity at the 5-HT2A receptor | https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9857084
- Designer drugs on the internet: a phenomenon out-of-control? the emergence of hallucinogenic drug Bromo-Dragonfly. | https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21592070?dopt=Abstract
- "| Danish man died after trip on Chinese drug". Jp.dk. Retrieved 2010-02-08.
- "Narkodød skyldtes ikke GHB". RB.no. Retrieved 2018-05-16.
- Talaie, H.; Panahandeh, R.; Fayaznouri, M. R.; Asadi, Z.; Abdollahi, M. (2009). "Dose-independent occurrence of seizure with tramadol". Journal of Medical Toxicology. 5 (2): 63–67. :10.1007/BF03161089. 1556-9039.
- Psychoactive Substances Act 2016 (Legislation.gov.uk) | http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2016/2/contents/enacted
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.