Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
This is an Experimental Substance with little data. This is most likely because the substance is is not very old. Information is limite and incomplete.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
Practice Harm Reduction. Proceed with Caution.
5-MeO-EiPT Also known as:
ine, N-ethyl-5-meth[ACD/Index Name] oxy-N-(1-methylethy l)-
hoxy-1H-indol-3-yl)[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] ethyl]-2-propanamin
hoxy-1H-indol-3-yl)[ACD/IUPAC Name] ethyl]-2-propanamine
hoxy-1H-indol-3-yl)[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] éthyl]-2-propanamine
- 5-Methoxy EiPT
- 5-methoxy eipt rm
A little known and little studied tryptamine and analogue of EiPT, also related to DiPT and DET. Probably a psychedelic. Few reports of effects.
|Avg. Mass||260.3746 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||260.188873 Da|
- Analysis enhancement
- Conceptual thinking
- Emotion enhancement
- Memory suppression
- Ego death - This effect is more consistent and reproducible on 5-MeO-DMT than on any other known substance.
- Autonomous voice communication
- Thought connectivity
- Time distortion
5-Meo-DMT’s psychedelic effects are primarily believed to come from its efficacy at the 5-HT2A receptor as a partial agonist. Specifically, this molecule shows high binding affinity for the 5-HT2A and 5-HT1A subtypes. However, the role of these interactions and how they result in the psychedelic experience continues to remain elusive. Additional mechanisms of action such as reuptake inhibition of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, noradrenaline and dopamine are also thought to be involved to an extent. This can result in 5-MeO-DMT becoming dangerously toxic when combined with MAOIs, RIMAs, SSRIs, stimulants or any substance which acts as a releasing agent or reuptake inhibitor of monoamine neurotransmitters. 5-MeO-DMT is O-demethylated by polymorphic cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) to an active metabolite, bufotenin.
The physical effects of 5-MeO-DMT can be broken down into several components which progressively intensify proportional to dosage. In comparison to its often relatively mild accompanying cognitive and visual effects, 5-MeO-DMT seems to have by far the most proportionally intense and overwhelming physical sensations found within the known psychedelic experience. These individual components are complex, overwhelming and seem to be equally capable of being interpreted as either extremely pleasurable and euphoric or uncomfortable and dysphoric.
- Spontaneous bodily sensations - Perhaps the most remarkable sensation present in the 5-MeO-DMT experience. It increases the intensity of physical and tactile sensations to such an overwhelming extent that it can induce a sensation of sustained and repeatable full body orgasm within every nerve ending across the entire body, to a degree not found within any other psychedelic substance. The experience of this can result in the perception of having a difficulty sustaining the act of breathing. However, this is not a genuine or dangerous experience of respiratory depression and is considered to be safe, although studies into this phenomenon are lacking.
- Physical euphoria
- Tactile enhancement
- Perception of bodily heaviness
- Bodily control enhancement
- Bodily pressures
- Changes in felt bodily form
- Changes in felt gravity
- Physical autonomy
- Muscle contractions
- Muscle spasms
- Muscle tremors
- Motor control loss
- Respiratory depression
- Nausea - Nausea is perhaps more pronounced and consistently produced on 5-MeO-DMT than any other psychedelic. It is not uncommon for users to vomit while in an unconscious or semi-conscious state, which is one of the reasons supervised usage is always advised. However, some people report experiences with minimal or brief nausea. When nausea does occur, it typically disappears after the come up phase.
- Pupil dilation
- Skin flushing
- Spatial disorientation
- Temperature regulation suppression
- Synaesthesia - In its fullest manifestation, this is a very rare and non-reproducible effect. Increasing the dosage can increase the likelihood of this occurring, but seems to only be a prominent part of the experience among those who are already predisposed to synaesthetic states.
The visual effects of 5-MeO-DMT can be broken down into several components which progressively intensify proportional to dosage. In comparison to its consistently overwhelming and intense accompanying cognitive and physical effects, 5-MeO-DMT seems to have some of the most proportionally underwhelming visual effects found within the known varieties of the psychedelic experience.
- Visual acuity enhancement or Visual acuity suppression - 5-MeO-DMT is equally capable of both decreasing and increasing visual acuity. The outcome of which effect will manifest seems to be chosen almost entirely at random and is largely setting dependent.
- Drifting (Morphing, Breathing, Melting, Flowing) - In comparison to other psychedelics, this effect can be described as identical to DMT in its style, highly detailed, slow and smooth in motion and static in appearance.
- Colour shifting
- Environmental orbism
The visual geometry that is present throughout this trip does not usually occur and in notable contrast to DMT, does not extend beyond level 7 at its highest state (though some experiences involving nonvisual 8b have been reported). It is vaguely similar to DMT although significantly smaller in size and more likely to manifest in darkness or without distractions. In terms of appearance, it can be comprehensively described through its variations as intricate in complexity, abstract in form, equally organic and digital in feel, structured in organization, brightly lit, multicoloured in scheme, glossy in shading, equal in sharp and soft edges, small in size, fast in speed, smooth in motion, equal in rounded and angular corners, immersive in-depth and consistent in its intensity. 5-MeO-DMT is unique in that in breakthrough doses, it uniquely tends to result in 8B Geometry over level 8A.
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.