Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
Practice Harm Reduction. Proceed with Caution.
4-AcO-DALT Also known as:
- 1H-Indol-4-ol, 3-[2
-(di-2-propen-1-yla[ACD/Index Name] mino)ethyl]-, aceta te (ester)
ethyl]-1H-indol-4-y[ACD/IUPAC Name] l acetate
ethyl]-1H-indol-4-y[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] l-acetat
- Acétate de 3-[2-(di
allylamino)éthyl]-1[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] H-indol-4-yle
1-yl)amine]ethyl}-1 H-indol-4-yl acetate
An uncommon tryptamine derivative first reported in the mid 2000s, likely a psychedelic. Little is known about the pharmacology or effects of this compound.
|Avg. Mass||298.3795 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||298.168121 Da|
|4-AcO-DALT Duration Data|
The cognitive effects of 3C-E are described as primarily stimulating and slightly confusing especially at higher dosages. The total sum of these cognitive components regardless of the setting generally includes:
- Conceptual thinking
- Thought acceleration
- Thought connectivity
- Anxiety & Paranoia - This effect is not as common at low to moderate doses and is less likely to occur when the basic rules of set and setting are taken into account. It should be noted that this inconsistently induced effect is seemingly more likely to manifest when used with cannabis. This combination should be used with extreme caution if one is not experienced with psychedelics, meaning that the user should adequately pace themselves with a fraction of their usual amount. It is commonly reported that psychedelics can to a certain extent counteract some of the perceived mental cloudiness or intoxicating effects of THC causing the user to in turn use more cannabis than is needed which can often lead to an overwhelmingly anxious and paranoid headspace which can trigger a "bad trip".
- Empathy, affection, and sociability enhancement - This component is typically manifested only in the context of social settings in which one is within the company of others, and only at lower, non-impairing doses. These feelings of sociability, affection, and empathy tend to be weaker and less consistent than those produced by substances such as MDMA and 2C-B, but can still prove strong enough to provide long-lasting therapeutic effects.
- Cognitive euphoria
- Analysis enhancement - This effect is consistent in its manifestation and outrospection dominant.
- Personal bias suppression
- Novelty enhancement
- Immersion enhancement
- Emotion enhancement
- Increased music appreciation
- Increased sense of humor
- Memory suppression
- Increased libido
- Time distortion
3C-E’s psychedelic effects are believed to come from its efficacy at the 5-HT2A receptor as a partial agonist. However, the role of these interactions and how they result in the psychedelic experience continues to remain elusive.
- Stimulation - In terms of its effects on the physical energy levels of the user, 3C-E is usually considered to be moderately to extremely stimulating. In comparison, other more commonly used psychedelics such as psilocin are sedating and relaxed.
- Spontaneous physical sensations - The "body high" of 3C-E is manifested as somewhat intense in comparison to most classical psychedelics such as LSD. The sensation itself can be described as a constantly present yet somewhat mild energetic pins and needles sensation that encompasses a person’s entire body. It is usually felt over every square inch of the skin but occasionally manifests itself in the form of a continuously shifting tingling sensation that travels up and down the body in spontaneous waves.
- Physical euphoria - It should be noted that this effect is not as reliably induceable as it is with substances like stimulants or entactogens, and can just as easily manifest as physical discomfort without any apparent reason.
- Bodily control enhancement
- Tactile enhancement - Feelings of enhanced tactile sensation are consistently present at low to moderate levels.
- Increased blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
- Appetite suppression
- Increased perspiration
- Muscle contractions
- Muscle spasms
- Difficulty urinating
- Dry mouth
- Appetite suppression
- Bodily control enhancement
- Temperature regulation suppression
- Teeth grinding
- Pupil dilation
- Increased salivation
- Seizure - This is likely a rare effect but may occur in those who are predisposed to them, especially while in physically taxing conditions such as being dehydrated, undernourished, overheated, or fatigued.
- Synaesthesia - In its fullest manifestation, this is a very rare and non-reproducible effect. Increasing the dosage can increase the likelihood of this occurring, but seems only to be a prominent part of the experience among those who are already predisposed to synaesthetic states.
Disclaimer: The effects listed below are cited from the Subjective Effect Index (SEI), which relies on assorted anecdotal reports and the personal experiences of PsychonautWiki contributors. As a result, they should be taken with a healthy amount of skepticism. It is worth noting that these effects will not necessarily occur in a consistent or reliable manner, although higher doses (common+) are more likely to induce the full spectrum of reported effects. Likewise, adverse effects become much more likely on higher doses and may include serious injury or death.
The visuals of 3C-E are generally not that apparent and consist more so of distortions than colors and drifting.
- Drifting (melting, flowing, breathing and morphing)
- Colour shifting
- Depth perception distortions
- Perspective distortions
- Symmetrical texture repetition
- After images
- Brightness alteration
The visual geometry that is present throughout this trip can be described as more similar in appearance to that of DOC or mescaline than that of 2C-B, psilocin or LSD. It can be comprehensively described through its variations as intricate in complexity, abstract in form, synthetic in feel, structured in organization, brightly lit, multicolored in scheme, glossy in shading, sharp in edges, large in size, fast in speed, smooth in motion, equally rounded and angular in its corners, non-immersive in-depth and consistent in intensity.
3C-E and other substituted amphetamines produce a full range of high-level hallucinatory states in a fashion that is more consistent and reproducible than that of many other commonly used psychedelics. This holds particularly true in comparison to other substances within the phenethylamine family. These effects include:
- Internal hallucination (autonomous entities; settings, sceneries, and landscapes; Alterations in perspective and scenarios and plots) - In comparison to other psychedelics such as LSD, 3C-E is extremely high in internal hallucinations. They are more common within dark environments and can be comprehensibly described through its variations as lucid in believability, interactive in style, new experiences in content, autonomous in controllability, geometry-based in style and almost exclusively of a personal, religious, spiritual, science-fiction, fantasy, surreal, nonsensical or transcendental nature in their overall theme.
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.