Psychoactive Research chemicals are new synthetic substances that are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Research on the effects of, and treatment for, abuse of these drugs is limited due to the fact that they’re fairly new and have avoided mainstream notice. Research chemicals do not have a lot of human consumption data, and thus harm-reduction and special care should be taken if choosing to ingest them.
Psychedelics are drugs which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality, otherwise known as hallucinations. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might see images, hear sounds or feel sensations. These chemicals offer some of the most intense psychological experiences and care should be taken when ingesting them.
Experimental drugs have extremely limited human consumption data. There is not enough reliable information about this substance. This is most likely because the substance is is not very old. Information on these substances is limite and incomplete. Please be cautioned. Always practice harm reduction.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most power and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
Practice Harm Reduction. Proceed with Caution.
Also known as:
)sulfanyl]-2,5-dime[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] thoxyphenyl}ethanam in
l)sulfanyl]-2,5-dim[ACD/IUPAC Name] ethoxyphenyl}ethana mine
l)sulfanyl]-2,5-dim[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] éthoxyphényl}éthana mine
4-[(2-fluoroethyl)t[ACD/Index Name] hio]-2,5-dimethoxy-
lsulfanyl)-2,5-dime thoxy-phenyl]-ethyl amine
A rare psychedelic phenethylamine.
It is a member of the 2C-x family of psychedelic phenethylamines, all of which were derived from the systematic modification of the mescaline molecule. 2C-T-21 was first synthesized by Alexander Shulgin and documented in his book PiHKAL ("Phenethylamines I Have Known and Loved"). The dosage range is listed as 8–12 mg.
It is described in various reports as being generally relaxed and clear-headed with mild visual effects. In his book “Thanatos To Eros, 35 Years of Psychedelic Exploration”, Myron Stolaroff describes it as “not psychedelic, but a wonderful energizer”, along with displaying a notable lack of appetite suppression typically observed with members of its class. In March 2004, a 22-year-old American male died after ingesting an unknown amount of 2C-T-21.
This death became part of a two-year DEA investigation called “Operation Web Tryp” which ended with the arrests of 10 persons involved in the online distribution of research chemicals. 2C-T-21 remains unscheduled in the United States. Very little data exists about the pharmacological properties, metabolism, and toxicity of 2C-T-21, and it has little history of human usage.
Today, it is used for the purposes of recreation and experimental psychotherapy. It has no history of being sold on the streets and is very sporadically sold online as a grey area research chemical. It is strongly advised to use harm reduction practices if using this substance.
2C-T-21 contain methoxy functional groups CH3O- attached to carbons R2 and R5 of the benzene ring as well as an ethylfluoro thioether group attached to carbon R4 of the phenyl ring. 2C-T-21 belongs to the 2C family of phenethylamines, all of which contain methoxy groups on the 2 and 5 positions of the benzene ring.
|Avg. Mass||259.3402 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||259.104218 Da|
|2C-T-21 Duration Data|
Interactions and Synergies
There are no existing interaction or synergy data for this drug.
|Effects||Euphoria, empathy, insight, brightened colour, Closed/Open eye visuals, enhanced tactile sensation, mental/physical stimulation, decreased appetite, pupil dilation, restlessness, change in perception, ego softening, sweating/chills, muscle tension, confusion, insomnia.|
|Avoid||It is likely that this also has the MAO-A properties of the likes of 2c-t-7.|
|Marguis Test Result|
2C-T-21’s psychedelic effects are believed to come from its efficacy at the 5-HT2A receptor as a partial agonist. However, the role of these interactions and how they result in the psychedelic experience continues to remain elusive. This compound, being similar in structure to 2C-T-2 and 2C-T-7 is also believed to potentially have MAOI properties.
- Stimulation - In terms of its effects on the physical energy levels of the user, 2C-T-21 is generally considered to be energetic and stimulating in a fashion is comparable to that of other phenethylamines such as 2C-B, 2C-E and 2C-P. However, at certain doses and contexts, it may produce periods of notable sedation.
- Spontaneous physical sensations - The "body high" of 2C-T-21 is intense, but in comparison to 2C-E or 2C-B, it can be considered mild though is still capable of becoming very powerful and highly physically euphoric. The sensation itself can be described as intense and will manifest itself in the form of a continuously shifting tingling sensation that travels up and down the body in spontaneous waves.
- Bodily control enhancement
- Changes in felt bodily form
- Tactile enhancement
- Temperature regulation suppression
- Abnormal heartbeat
- Increased blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
- Difficulty urinating or Frequent urination
- Increased perspiration
- Muscle contractions
- Muscle spasms
- Muscle cramps
- Nausea - Mild to extreme nausea is commonly reported when consumed in moderate to high dosages, and either passes once the user has vomited or gradually fades by itself as the peak sets in.
- Stomach bloating
- Stomach cramps
- Teeth grinding
- Excessive yawning
- Pupil dilation
- Watery eyes
The head space of 2C-T-21 is described by many as one which is both insightful and relatively normal in its thought processes even at moderate to high dosages.
- Emotion enhancement
- Thought acceleration
- Novelty enhancement
- Time distortion
- Increased music appreciation
- Analysis enhancement - 2C-T-21 is notable for providing an unusual sense of outrospection.
- Personal bias suppression
- Conceptual thinking
- Memory suppression
- Immersion enhancement
- Thought loops
- Drifting (melting, flowing, breathing and morphing) - In comparison to other psychedelics, this effect can be described as highly detailed, slow and smooth in motion, static in appearance.
- After images
- Symmetrical texture repetition
- Colour shifting
- Internal hallucination (autonomous entities; settings, sceneries, and landscapes; perspective hallucinations and scenarios and plots)
- http://www.maps.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5406 | Thanatos to Eros
- "News from DEA, News Releases, 07/22/04".
- Sulfur-Substituted α-Alkyl Phenethylamines as Selective and Reversible MAO-A Inhibitors: Biological Activities, CoMFA Analysis, and Active Site Modeling | http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jm0493109
- "Gesetz zur Bekämpfung der Verbreitung neuer psychoaktiver Stoffe" (PDF) (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Anlage NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "§ 4 NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- United Kingdom. (1977). Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (S.I. 1977/1243). London: The Stationery Office Limited. Retrieved July 5, 2017, from http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1977/1243/made
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks for ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.