Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
This is an Experimental Substance with little data. This is most likely because the substance is is not very old. Information is limite and incomplete.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
2C-T-21 Also known as:
)sulfanyl]-2,5-dime[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] thoxyphenyl}ethanam in
l)sulfanyl]-2,5-dim[ACD/IUPAC Name] ethoxyphenyl}ethana mine
l)sulfanyl]-2,5-dim[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] éthoxyphényl}éthana mine
4-[(2-fluoroethyl)t[ACD/Index Name] hio]-2,5-dimethoxy-
lsulfanyl)-2,5-dime thoxy-phenyl]-ethyl amine
A rare psychedelic phenethylamine.
It is a member of the 2C-x family of psychedelic phenethylamines, all of which were derived from the systematic modification of the mescaline molecule. 2C-T-21 was first synthesized by Alexander Shulgin and documented in his book PiHKAL ("Phenethylamines I Have Known and Loved"). The dosage range is listed as 8–12 mg.
It is described in various reports as being generally relaxed and clear-headed with mild visual effects. In his book “Thanatos To Eros, 35 Years of Psychedelic Exploration”, Myron Stolaroff describes it as “not psychedelic, but a wonderful energizer”, along with displaying a notable lack of appetite suppression typically observed with members of its class. In March 2004, a 22-year-old American male died after ingesting an unknown amount of 2C-T-21.
This death became part of a two-year DEA investigation called “Operation Web Tryp” which ended with the arrests of 10 persons involved in the online distribution of research chemicals. 2C-T-21 remains unscheduled in the United States. Very little data exists about the pharmacological properties, metabolism, and toxicity of 2C-T-21, and it has little history of human usage.
Today, it is used for the purposes of recreation and experimental psychotherapy. It has no history of being sold on the streets and is very sporadically sold online as a grey area research chemical. It is strongly advised to use harm reduction practices if using this substance.
2C-T-21 contain methoxy functional groups CH3O- attached to carbons R2 and R5 of the benzene ring as well as an ethylfluoro thioether group attached to carbon R4 of the phenyl ring. 2C-T-21 belongs to the 2C family of phenethylamines, all of which contain methoxy groups on the 2 and 5 positions of the benzene ring.
|Avg. Mass||259.3402 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||259.104218 Da|
|2C-T-21 Duration Data|
- http://www.maps.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5406 | Thanatos to Eros
- "News from DEA, News Releases, 07/22/04".
- Sulfur-Substituted α-Alkyl Phenethylamines as Selective and Reversible MAO-A Inhibitors: Biological Activities, CoMFA Analysis, and Active Site Modeling | http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jm0493109
- "Gesetz zur Bekämpfung der Verbreitung neuer psychoaktiver Stoffe" (PDF) (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Anlage NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "§ 4 NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- United Kingdom. (1977). Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (S.I. 1977/1243). London: The Stationery Office Limited. Retrieved July 5, 2017, from http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1977/1243/made
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.