Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
This is an Experimental Substance with little data. This is most likely because the substance is is not very old. Information is limite and incomplete.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
Practice Harm Reduction. Proceed with Caution.
2C-N Also known as:
nitrophenyl)ethanam[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] in
nitrophenyl)ethanam[ACD/IUPAC Name] ine
nitrophényl)éthanam[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] ine
2,5-dimethoxy-4-nit[ACD/Index Name] ro-
- 2C-N (exempt prepar
- 2C-N (exempt prepar
ation)|2,5-dimethox y-4-nitro-benzeneet hanamine
- Ethanamine, 2-(2,5-
A relatively uncommon and short-acting psychedelic phenethylamine of the 2C-x family. It behaves much like other 2C-x drugs, but is unique in that it is a yellowish golden-coloured salt. Described by some, namely Shulgin, as being quite underwhelming.
|Avg. Mass||226.2292 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||226.095352 Da|
|2C-N Duration Data|
- The 5-MeO psychedelics can interact unpredictably to potentiate other psychedelics
- Cannabis has an unexpectedly strong and somewhat unpredictable synergy with psychedelics.
- The anxiogenic and focusing effects of stimulants increase the chance of unpleasant thought loops. The combination is generally uneccessary because of the stimulating effects of psychedelics. Combination of the stimulating effects may be uncomfortable.
- The anxiogenic and focusing effects of stimulants increase the chance of unpleasant thought loops. The combination is generally unnecessary because of the stimulating effects of psychedelics. Combination of the stimulating effects may be uncomfortable.
- MAO-B inhibitors can increase the potency and duration of phenethylamines unpredictably
- Tramadol is well known to lower seizure threshold and psychedelics raise the risk of seizures.
The head space of 2C-I is described by many as one which is relatively normal in its thought processes even at moderate to high doses. It is often said to lack insight when compared to that of 2C-E, psilocin and LSD.
- Empathy, affection, and sociability enhancement - This component is consistently manifested only in the context of social settings in which one is within the company of others. These feelings of sociability, affection and empathy are a little weaker and less sharp than those found on substances such as MDMA and 2C-B but still prove strong enough to provide long-lasting therapeutic effects.
- Analysis enhancement
- Emotion enhancement or Emotion suppression
- Immersion enhancement
- Increased libido
- Increased music appreciation
- Memory suppression
- Novelty enhancement
- Time distortion
2C-I’s psychedelic effects are believed to come from its efficacy at the 5-HT2A receptor as a partial agonist. However, the role of these interactions and how they result in the psychedelic experience remains the subject of ongoing scientific investigation.
- Stimulation - In terms of its effects on the physical energy levels of the user, 2C-I is usually considered to be very energetic and stimulating in a fashion that is quite comparable to MDMA, although it is 'encouraged' instead of 'forced'.
- Spontaneous physical sensations - The "body high" of 2C-I is manifested as one of the most proportionally intense in comparison to almost all of the classical psychedelics. The sensation itself can be described as an intense and slightly uncomfortable energetic pins and needles sensation that constantly encompasses a person’s entire body. It is usually felt over every square inch of the skin but occasionally manifests itself in the form of a continuously shifting, tingling sensation that travels up and down the body in spontaneous waves. Alongside this, many users commonly report that the "body high" can be particularly uncomfortable and sometimes accompanied by dysphoric aches and urges to shift the position of one's body and prolonged tensing of unusual combinations of muscle groups.
- Physical euphoria - Feelings of frequent but unpredictable rushes of warm physical euphoria are extremely common. These can move from the top of the head downwards before enveloping one's whole body.
- Tactile enhancement
- Bodily control enhancement
- Stamina enhancement
- Increased heart rate
- Temperature regulation suppression
- Muscle contractions
- Muscle cramps
- Muscle spasms
- Appetite suppression
- Frequent urination
- Nausea - Mild to extreme nausea is consistently reported when consumed in moderate to high doses and either passes once the user has vomited or gradually fades by itself as the peak sets in.
- Pupil dilation
- Synaesthesia - In its fullest manifestation, this is a very rare and non-reproducible effect. Increasing the dosage can increase the likelihood of this occurring, but seems to only be a prominent part of the experience among those who are already predisposed to synaesthetic states.
Disclaimer: The effects listed below are cited from the Subjective Effect Index (SEI), which relies on assorted anecdotal reports and the personal experiences of PsychonautWiki contributors. As a result, they should be taken with a healthy amount of skepticism. It is worth noting that these effects will not necessarily occur in a consistent or reliable manner, although higher doses (common+) are more likely to induce the full spectrum of reported effects. Likewise, adverse effects become much more likely on higher doses and may include serious injury or death.
- Drifting (melting, flowing, breathing and morphing) - In comparison to other psychedelics, this effect can be described as simplistic and bland in detail, slow and smooth but sometimes jittery in motion, static in appearance and unrealistic/cartoon-like in style.
- Colour shifting
- Environmental cubism - This effect is unique in that is it usually manifests simultaneously alongside or directly as a result of external geometry
- Environmental patterning
- Scenery slicing
- Symmetrical texture repetition
The visual geometry that is present throughout this trip can be described as more similar in appearance to that of LSD or 2C-B than that of 2C-E, psilocin, or ayahuasca although it is much blander and less detailed. They can be comprehensively described as unstructured in their organization, algorithmic in geometric style, intricate in complexity, large in size, fast and smooth in motion, colorful in scheme, glossy in color, both soft and sharp in their edges as well as equally rounded and angular in their corners. They seem high in algorithmic visuals such as fractals and at higher doses are significantly more likely to result in states of level 8A visual geometry over level 8B.
Like LSD, while 2C-I is capable of producing a full range of low and high level hallucinatory states, this is extremely rare and inconsistent at higher levels but common at lower ones.
- Internal hallucination (autonomous entities; settings, sceneries, and landscapes; perspective hallucinations and scenarios and plots) - Although 2C-I is technically capable of producing hallucinatory states in a fashion that is on par with psilocin or DMT in its vividness and intensity, in comparison, these effects are extremely rare and inconsistent. Whilst traditional psychedelics such as LSA, ayahuasca and mescaline will induce internal hallucinations near consistently at level 5 geometry and above, 2C-I hallucinations will not extend beyond imagery and higher doses will for most simply go straight into level 8A visual geometry. This lack of consistently induced hallucinatory breakthroughs means that, for most, 2C-I is not as deep of an experience as certain other psychedelics.
- External hallucination (autonomous entities; settings, sceneries, and landscapes; perspective hallucinations and scenarios and plots)
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.