Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
2C-C Also known as:
A short-acting psychedelic research chemical of the 2c-x family. Often described as being less stimulating than the other 2c-x, and is a relatively unique psychedelic in this respect.
It is a member of the 2C-x family of psychedelic phenethylamines, all of which were derived from the systematic modification of the mescaline molecule. 2C-C was first synthesized by Alice C. Cheng and Neal Castagnoli Jr.
in 1983 as an intermediate in a study evaluating the neurotoxicity of 6-hydroxydopamine analogs. Its activity in humans was later investigated and documented by Alexander Shulgin in his book PiHKAL (“Phenethylamines I Have Known and Loved”). Many users report that the effects of 2C-C are gentler, more relaxed, and sedating than other closely related psychedelic phenethylamines such as 2C-B, 2C-I, and 2C-E.
It is one of the least potent members of the 2C-x family, with muted visual effects and a relatively unaltered headspace. Very little data exists about the pharmacological properties, metabolism, and toxicity of 2C-C, and its history of human use is limited. Today, it is used for recreational and therapeutic purposes.
It is rarely sold on the streets and distributed online as a grey area research chemical.
2C-C contains methoxy functional groups CH3O- attached to carbons R2 and R5 as well as a chlorine atom attached to carbon R4 of the phenyl ring.
2C-C belongs to the 2C family of phenethylamines which contain methoxy groups on the 2 and 5 positions of the benzene ring.
|Avg. Mass||215.6767 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||215.071304 Da|
|2C-C Duration Data|
- The 5-MeO psychedelics can interact unpredictably to potentiate other psychedelics
- Cannabis has an unexpectedly strong and somewhat unpredictable synergy with psychedelics.
- The anxiogenic and focusing effects of stimulants increase the chance of unpleasant thought loops. The combination is generally uneccessary because of the stimulating effects of psychedelics. Combination of the stimulating effects may be uncomfortable.
- The anxiogenic and focusing effects of stimulants increase the chance of unpleasant thought loops. The combination is generally unnecessary because of the stimulating effects of psychedelics. Combination of the stimulating effects may be uncomfortable.
- MAO-B inhibitors can increase the potency and duration of phenethylamines unpredictably
- Tramadol is well known to lower seizure threshold and psychedelics raise the risk of seizures.
- High doses of caffeine may cause anxiety which is less manageable when tripping, and since both are stimulating the combination may cause some physical discomfort.
- Alexander Shulgin - PIHKAL | http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal033.shtml
- Cheng, A. C., & Castagnoli Jr, N. (1984). Synthesis and physicochemical and neurotoxicity studies of 1-(4-substituted-2, 5-dihydroxyphenyl)-2-aminoethane analogs of 6-hydroxydopamine. Journal of medicinal chemistry, 27(4), 513-520. https://doi.org/10.1021/jm00370a014
- 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-chlorophenethylamine (Isomer Design / PiHKAL) | http://isomerdesign.com/PiHKAL/read.php?id=22
- Armstrong, B. D., Paik, E., Chhith, S., Lelievre, V., Waschek, J. A., & Howard, S. G. (2004). Potentiation of (DL)‐3, 4‐methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA)‐induced toxicity by the serotonin 2A receptior partial agonist d‐lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), and the protection of same by the serotonin 2A/2C receptor antagonist MDL 11,939. Neuroscience Research Communications, 35(2), 83-95. https://doi.org/10.1002/nrc.20023
- Talaie, H.; Panahandeh, R.; Fayaznouri, M. R.; Asadi, Z.; Abdollahi, M. (2009). "Dose-independent occurrence of seizure with tramadol". Journal of Medical Toxicology. 5 (2): 63–67. :10.1007/BF03161089. 1556-9039.
- New Psychoactive Substances (National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre 2014) | https://comorbidity.edu.au/sites/default/files/cre/page/New Psychoactive Substances.pdf
- Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (S.C. 1996, c. 19) |http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-38.8/page-12.html#h-28
- "关于印发《非药用类麻醉药品和精神药品列管办法》的通知" (in Chinese). China Food and Drug Administration. 27 September 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Achtundzwanzigste Verordnung zur Änderung betäubungsmittelrechtlicher Vorschriften" (PDF) (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "Anlage I BtMG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- "§ 29 BtMG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 10, 2019.
- Analytical Data of Designated Substances (Shitei-Yakubutsu) Controlled by the Pharmaceutical AŠairs Law in Japan, Part I: GC-MS and LC-MS | https://www.erowid.org/references/texts/show/7395docid7635
- Noteikumi par Latvijā kontrolējamajām narkotiskajām vielām, psihotropajām vielām un prekursoriem (2,5-Dimetoksifeniletānamīni) | http://likumi.lv/doc.php?id=121086
- Svensk författningssamling | http://www.notisum.se/rnp/sls/sfs/20050026.pdf
- United Kingdom. (1977). Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (S.I. 1977/1243). London: The Stationery Office Limited. Retrieved July 5, 2017, from http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1977/1243/made
- S. 3187: Food and Drug Administration Safety and Innovation Act, Subtitle D-Synthetic Drugs | http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/s3187/text
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.