Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
This is an Experimental Substance with little data. This is most likely because the substance is is not very old. Information is limite and incomplete.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
Practice Harm Reduction. Proceed with Caution.
25P-NBOMe Also known as:
propylphenyl)-N-(2-[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] methoxybenzyl)ethan amin
propylphenyl)-N-(2-[ACD/IUPAC Name] methoxybenzyl)ethan amine
propylphényl)-N-(2-[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] méthoxybenzyl)éthan amine
ETHOXYPHENYL)-N-(2- METHOXYBENZYL)ETHAN AMINE
2,5-dimethoxy-N-[(2[ACD/Index Name] -methoxyphenyl)meth yl]-4-propyl-
A rare potent psychedelic drug with similar effects and risks to others in the NBOMe class. Yet no trip reports… when the substance was first sold in mid-late 2012, and resurfaced in early 2015.
|Avg. Mass||343.4599 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||343.214752 Da|
|25P-NBOMe Duration Data|
The cognitive effects of 25N-NBOMe can be described as quite reminiscent to that of 25C-NBOMe. They can be broken down into several components which progressively intensify proportional to dosage. These are described below and generally include:
- Analysis enhancement - This effect is generally only present at low doses and is introspection dominant.
- Thought acceleration and Thought deceleration - Although one of 25N-NBOME's effects is thought acceleration, the opposite may occur at higher doses.
- Conceptual thinking - This effect is considered to be very mild compared to traditional psychedlics.
- Anxiety & Paranoia - This effect seems to occur more readily than other psychedelics, perhaps due to its very prominent stimulating properties
- Empathy, affection, and sociability enhancement - The entactogenic effects range from mild to powerful, but are inconsistently manifested. Entactogenic effects for people who try this substance usually become prominent in the presence of others. These feelings of increased sociability, love and empathy do not seem to be quite as strong or profound as those found within other entactogens (such as MDMA, 2C-B and AMT)
- Memory suppression
- Novelty enhancement
- Immersion enhancement
- Emotion enhancement
- Increased sense of humor
- Increased music appreciation
- Personal bias suppression
- Increased libido
- Time distortion
25N-NBOMe likely has efficacy at the 5-HT2A receptor where it is assumed to act as a partial agonist. However, the role of these interactions and how they result in the psychedelic experience continues to remain elusive. There is insufficient scientific research to determine this compound’s true nature as the pharmacological properties of 25N-NBOMe have not been described in the scientific literature, but only in anecdotal reports.
- Stimulation - 25N-NBOMe is usually considered to be very energetic and stimulating. For most people, this substance induces a unique type of physical stimulation which can be described as feeling extremely energetic but in a way which does not force the user to move unless they genuinely choose to do so. For others, however, the stimulation can be quite uncontrollable, occasionally resulting in bodily shakes and a grinding of the teeth comparable to that of MDMA and traditional stimulants such as amphetamine.
- Perception of bodily lightness - In terms of the body’s perceived weight, this substance consistently leaves people feeling extremely light, often to the point of total weightlessness.
- Spontaneous physical sensations - The "body high" itself can be described as a mild, all-encompassing, soft but euphoric tingling sensation. This tingling sensation is also accompanied by spontaneous rushes of euphoria that become longer and more drawn out proportional to the dosage consumed.
- Tactile enhancement
- Bodily control enhancement - When combined with stimulation, this component manifests as a strong drive to partake in physical activities.
- Mouth numbing - Assuming the substance has been taken sublingually, the very first physical effect which a person will notice immediately after sublingual absorption is a strong, unpleasant metallic chemical taste. This is accompanied by a very distinct feeling of general numbness of the tongue and mouth which can stay for up to an hour after the blotter paper has been consumed.
- Abnormal heartbeat
- Increased heart rate
- Increased blood pressure
- Muscle contractions
- Muscle cramps
- Muscle tension
- Gustatory hallucination
- Nausea - Users (especially those prone to it) may experience nausea during the come up. The nausea will subside over the peak.
- Appetite suppression
- Runny nose - 25N-NBOMe may cause a runny nose and increased mucus production in some users.
- Stomach cramps
- Dry mouth
- Difficulty urinating or Frequent urination
- Restless legs
- Pupil dilation
- Dosage independent intensity - While the reasons for this are not understood, many reports suggest that this substance can produce unexpectedly strong or weak effects even when taken at the seemingly same dose in an unpredictable manner. This may contribute to the relative risk it is poses compared to most other psychedelics.
- Synaesthesia - In its fullest manifestation, this is a very rare and non-reproducible effect. Increasing the dosage can increase the likelihood of this occurring, but seems to only be a prominent part of the experience among those who are already predisposed to synaesthetic states.
Disclaimer: The effects listed below are cited from the Subjective Effect Index (SEI), which relies on assorted anecdotal reports and the personal experiences of PsychonautWiki contributors. As a result, they should be taken with a healthy amount of skepticism. It is worth noting that these effects will not necessarily occur in a consistent or reliable manner, although higher doses (common+) are more likely to induce the full spectrum of reported effects. Likewise, adverse effects become much more likely on higher doses and may include serious injury or death.
- Drifting (melting, flowing, breathing and morphing) - In comparison to other psychedelics, this effect can be described as highly detailed, slow and smooth in motion, static in appearance and unrealistic/cartoon-like in style.
- Symmetrical texture repetition
The visual geometry encountered on 25N-NBOMe is often described as similar in appearance to that of LSD. It can be comprehensively described as algorithmic in style, intricate in complexity, fine and zoomed out in detail, fast and smooth in motion, structured in shape, colourful in scheme, glossy in colour, sharp around its edges and mostly rounded across its corners.
In terms of its behaviour, 25N-NBOMe’s geometry leads onto level 8A visual geometry with level 8B remaining so far unconfirmed within this substance. It also seems to consistently build up in visual intensity when the user stares at a central point. This eventually envelops the visual field and creates the sensation that the user has broken through into a continuously shifting geometric landscape or structure with a vast sense of physical size attributed to it.
- Internal hallucinations (autonomous entities; settings, sceneries, and landscapes; perspective hallucinations and scenarios and plots) - 25N-NBOMe is capable of producing a full range of hallucinatory states within the level 1 - 3 range extremely consistently. Level 4 hallucinatory breakthroughs are reported, but very uncommon and inconsistent in comparison to other more commonly used psychedelics such as psilocin, 2C-E and DMT. This effect is more common within dark environments and can be described as internal in its manifestation, lucid in believability, interactive in style and of no particular theme in content or style.
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.