Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
This is an Experimental Substance with little data. This is most likely because the substance is is not very old. Information is limite and incomplete.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
Practice Harm Reduction. Proceed with Caution.
25iP-NBOMe Also known as:
(PROPAN-2-YL)PHENYL )-N-(2-METHOXYBENZY L)ETHANAMINE
dimethoxyphenyl)-N-[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] (2-methoxybenzyl)et hanamin
dimethoxyphenyl)-N-[ACD/IUPAC Name] (2-methoxybenzyl)et hanamine
diméthoxyphényl)-N-[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] (2-méthoxybenzyl)ét hanamine
2,5-dimethoxy-N-[(2[ACD/Index Name] -methoxyphenyl)meth yl]-4-(1-methylethy l)-
Almost unheard-of bomamine analogue of 2C-iP. Extremely potent psychedelic with stimulating qualities. May cause potentially dangerous vasoconstriction at high doses. May induce uncomfortable body load.
|Avg. Mass||343.4599 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||343.214752 Da|
|25iP-NBOMe Duration Data|
The cognitive effects of 25I-NBOMe are described by many as notably light in comparison to the classical psychedelics. It is not uncommon for people to report feeling that their thought stream has maintained general normality in its specific style throughout low to moderate dosages. At high dosages, however, strong to overwhelming cognitive alterations become present, which can lead to states of confusion, amnesia, and general sensory overload. The most prominent of these cognitive effects generally include:
- Analysis enhancement - This effect is generally only present at low doses.
- Thought acceleration and Thought deceleration - Although one of 25i-NBOME's effects is thought acceleration, the opposite may occur at higher doses.
- Conceptual thinking - This effect is considered to be very mild compared to traditional psychedlics.
- Anxiety & Paranoia - This effect seems to occur more readily than other psychedelics, perhaps due to its very prominent stimulating properties
- Feelings of impending doom - This is generally only experienced during the comedown period or if one has taken a large amount of the substance.
- Empathy, affection, and sociability enhancement - The entactogenic effects range from mild to powerful, but are inconsistently manifested. Entactogenic effects for people who try this substance usually become prominent in the presence of others. These feelings of increased sociability, love and empathy do not seem to be quite as strong or profound as those found within other entactogens (such as MDMA, 2C-B and AMT)
- Memory suppression
- Novelty enhancement
- Immersion enhancement
- Emotion enhancement
- Increased sense of humor
- Increased music appreciation
- Personal bias suppression
- Increased libido
- Time distortion
25I-NBOMe has efficacy at the 5-HT2A receptor where it acts as an unusually potent and selective partial agonist. However, the role of these interactions and how they result in the psychedelic experience continues to remain elusive. Among psychedelics, this compound is considered to be pharmacologically unique in terms of the high potency, affinity, and selectivity with which it binds to the 5-HT2a receptor. Contrary to popular belief, it is not a “full agonist”, although questions have been raised about how the effects it produces differ from other 5-HT2a partial agonists, which include the range of traditional psychedelics. The Ki values of the following targets were greater than 500 Ki: 5-HT1A, D3, H2, 5-HT1D, α1A adrenergic, δ opioid, serotonin reuptake transporter, 5-HT5A, 5-HT1B, D2, 5-HT7, D1, 5-HT3, 5-HT1E, D5, muscarinic M1-M5, H3, and the dopamine reuptake transporter.
- Stimulation - In terms of its effects on the physical energy levels of the user, 25I-NBOMe is usually considered to be very energetic and stimulating. For most people, this substance induces a unique type of physical stimulation which can be described as feeling extremely energetic but in a way which does not force the tripper to move unless they genuinely choose to do so. For others, however, the stimulation can be quite uncontrollable, occasionally resulting in bodily shakes and a grinding of the teeth comparable to that of MDMA and traditional stimulants such as amphetamine.
- Perception of bodily lightness - In terms of the body’s perceived weight, this substance consistently leaves people feeling extremely light, often to the point of total weightlessness.
- Spontaneous physical sensations - The "body high" itself can be described as a mild, all-encompassing, soft but euphoric tingling sensation. This tingling sensation is also accompanied by spontaneous rushes of euphoria that become longer and more drawn out proportional to the dosage consumed.
- Mouth numbing - Assuming the substance has been taken sublingually, the very first physical effect which a person will notice immediately after sublingual absorption is a strong, unpleasant metallic chemical taste. This is accompanied by a very distinct feeling of general numbness of the tongue and mouth which can stay for up to an hour after the blotter paper has been consumed.
- Nausea - As the user begins to come up, nausea is not uncommon and can sometimes result in initial vomiting, although nausea usually disappears when the user has vomited or the trip fully set in. In comparison to other psychedelics such as psilocin, 2C-E and 2C-I, this could actually be considered very mild in its intensity.
- Temperature regulation suppression
- Abnormal heartbeat
- Increased heart rate
- Increased blood pressure
- Muscle contractions
- Muscle cramps
- Muscle tension
- Gustatory hallucination
- Appetite suppression
- Stomach cramps
- Dry mouth
- Difficulty urinating or Frequent urination
- Restless legs
- Pupil dilation
- Dosage independent intensity - While the reasons for this are not understood, many reports suggest that this substance can produce unexpectedly strong or weak effects even when taken at the seemingly same dose in an unpredictable manner. This may contribute to the relative risk it is poses compared to most other psychedelics.
- Synaesthesia - In its fullest manifestation, this is a very rare and non-reproducible effect. Increasing the dosage can increase the likelihood of this occurring, but seems to only be a prominent part of the experience among those who are already predisposed to synaesthetic states.
Disclaimer: The effects listed below are cited from the Subjective Effect Index (SEI), which relies on assorted anecdotal reports and the personal experiences of PsychonautWiki contributors. As a result, they should be taken with a healthy amount of skepticism. It is worth noting that these effects will not necessarily occur in a consistent or reliable manner, although higher doses (common+) are more likely to induce the full spectrum of reported effects. Likewise, adverse effects become much more likely on higher doses and may include serious injury or death.
- Visual acuity enhancement
- Colour enhancement
- Pattern recognition enhancement
- Magnification - At higher doses, users can experience a "fish-eye" effect, where magnification changes based on the direction the user is looking relative to the object.
- Drifting (melting, flowing, breathing and morphing) - In comparison to other psychedelics, this effect can be described as highly detailed, slow and smooth in motion, static in appearance and unrealistic/cartoon-like in style.
- Colour shifting
- Colour replacement
- Colour tinting
- Depth perception distortions
- Perspective distortions
- Brightness alteration
- After images
- Symmetrical texture repetition
- Scenery slicing
The visual geometry produced by this substance is similar to LSD and can be comprehensively described as algorithmic in geometric style, intricate in complexity, fine and zoomed out in detail, fast and smooth in motion, structured in shape, colorful in scheme, glossy in color, sharp around the edges and equally angular as well as rounded across their corners. In comparison to other more commonly used psychedelics they can be described as significantly more intricate than the visual geometry found within 2C-I and most of the 2C-x family in general as well as completely on par with LSD, Psilocin and DMT at appropriately high dosages.
25I-NBOMe’s geometry leads reliably leads to Level 8A visual geometry with Level 8B remaining so far unconfirmed. It seems to consistently be able to build up in visual intensity when the user stares at a central point. This eventually envelops the visual field and creates the sensation that the tripper has broken through into a continuously shifting geometric landscape or structure with a vast sense of immersive physical size attributed to it.
25I-NBOMe is capable of producing a full range of hallucinatory states within the level 1 - 3 range extremely consistently. However, level 4 hallucinatory breakthroughs are reported but very different and inconsistent in comparison to other more commonly used psychedelics such as psilocin, 2C-E and DMT.
These effects include:
- Machinescapes - This component is an uncommon effect that typically only occurs at very strong to heavy doses. It also tends to be accompanied by overwhelming if not dangerous physical and cognitive effects.
- Internal hallucination - (settings, sceneries, and landscapes; perspective hallucinations and scenarios and plots). These are more common within dark environments and can be described as lucid in believability, interactive in style and almost exclusively of a personal, religious, spiritual, science-fiction, fantasy, surreal, nonsensical or transcendental nature in their overall theme.
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.