Psychedelic Research Chemicals or RC Chems are new synthetic substances which are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Data on their effects limited due as they’re fairly new and do not have a lot of human consumption history.
Psychedelics are substances (natural or laboratory made) which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might hallcuniate visually and auditorily.
This is a commonly used substance with well known effects, but that does not guarantee the substance will be safe. The safety profile has been established based on usage data commonly reported by others.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most powerful and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
βk-2C-B Also known as:
,5-dimethoxyphenyl)[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] ethanon
2,5-dimethoxyphenyl[ACD/IUPAC Name] )ethanone
2,5-diméthoxyphényl[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] )éthanone
- Ethanone, 2-amino-1
-(4-bromo-2,5-dimet[ACD/Index Name] hoxyphenyl)-
- β-keto 2C-B
2,5-dimethoxyphenyl[ACD/IUPAC Name] )ethanone
A long-acting psychedelic and empathogen with unpredictable effectiveness. Roughly double the duration of 2c-b. Inactivated by high pH.
It is a structural analog of 2C-B. Subjective effects include open and closed-eye visuals, time distortion, euphoria, and ego loss. Compared to 2C-B, its effects are often described as being considerably more stimulating and less psychedelic with a significantly longer duration.
Bk-2C-B is relatively uncommon and has little to no history of human usage prior to its 2014 distribution by online vendors as a research chemical. Very little data exists about the pharmacological properties, metabolism, and toxicity of Bk-2C-B. As a result, users are advised to approach this novel and poorly understood hallucinogenic substance with the proper amount of precaution and harm reduction practices if choosing to use it.
βk-2C-B contains the structure of 2C-B substituted with a ketone group at the beta carbon of the structure (R1).
βk-2C-B contains methoxy functional groups CH3O- attached to carbons R2 and R5 as well as a bromine atom attached to carbon R4 of the phenyl ring.
βk-2C-B belongs to the 2C family of phenethylamines which contain methoxy groups on the 2 and 5 positions of the benzene ring.
|Avg. Mass||274.1112 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||273.000061 Da|
|βk-2C-B Duration Data|
- Test purchase, identification and synthesis of 2-amino-1-(4-bromo-2, 5-dimethoxyphenyl)ethan-1-one (bk-2C-B) | http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/dta.1699/abstract
- Characterization of the designer drug βk-2C-B (2-amino-1-(bromo-dimethoxyphenyl)ethan-1-one) by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry without and with derivatization with 2,2,2-trichloroethyl chloroformate, liquid chromatography/high-resolution mass spectrometry, and nuclear magnetic resonance (PubMed.gov / NCBI) | https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26395784
- #20 2C-B: 4-Bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine (PiHKAL) | http://isomerdesign.com/PiHKAL/read.php?id=20
- "Gesetz zur Bekämpfung der Verbreitung neuer psychoaktiver Stoffe" (PDF) (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
- "Anlage NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
- "§ 4 NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
- Psychoactive Substances Act 2016 (Legislation.gov.uk) | http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2016/2/contents/enacted
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks to ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.