Psychoactive Research chemicals are new synthetic substances that are structurally similar to the original drug, while being functional analogs. Research on the effects of, and treatment for, abuse of these drugs is limited due to the fact that they’re fairly new and have avoided mainstream notice. Research chemicals do not have a lot of human consumption data, and thus harm-reduction and special care should be taken if choosing to ingest them.
Psychedelics are drugs which cause profound changes in a one’s perceptions of reality, otherwise known as hallucinations. While under the influence of hallucinogens, users might see images, hear sounds or feel sensations. These chemicals offer some of the most intense psychological experiences and care should be taken when ingesting them.
This is a commonly used substance with well known and widely available human consumption data. This does not guarantee that the substance will be safe. The safety profile has been established based on usage data commonly available.
Disclaimer: Psychedelic drugs offer some of the most power and intense psychological experiences. Additionally these substances are illegal in many places. We understand that even though these substances are illegal, their use occurs frequently. We do not condone breaking of the law. By providing accurate information about these substances, we encourage the user to make responsible decisions and practice harm reduction.
Practice Harm Reduction. Proceed with Caution.
Also known as:
,5-dimethoxyphenyl)[German][ACD/IUPAC Name] ethanon
2,5-dimethoxyphenyl[ACD/IUPAC Name] )ethanone
2,5-diméthoxyphényl[French][ACD/IUPAC Name] )éthanone
- Ethanone, 2-amino-1
-(4-bromo-2,5-dimet[ACD/Index Name] hoxyphenyl)-
- β-keto 2C-B
2,5-dimethoxyphenyl[ACD/IUPAC Name] )ethanone
A long-acting psychedelic and empathogen with unpredictable effectiveness. Roughly double the duration of 2c-b. Inactivated by high pH.
It is a structural analog of 2C-B. Subjective effects include open and closed-eye visuals, time distortion, euphoria, and ego loss. Compared to 2C-B, its effects are often described as being considerably more stimulating and less psychedelic with a significantly longer duration.
Bk-2C-B is relatively uncommon and has little to no history of human usage prior to its 2014 distribution by online vendors as a research chemical. Very little data exists about the pharmacological properties, metabolism, and toxicity of Bk-2C-B. As a result, users are advised to approach this novel and poorly understood hallucinogenic substance with the proper amount of precaution and harm reduction practices if choosing to use it.
You can help by expanding it.
βk-2C-B contains the structure of 2C-B substituted with a ketone group at the beta carbon of the structure (R1).
βk-2C-B contains methoxy functional groups CH3O- attached to carbons R2 and R5 as well as a bromine atom attached to carbon R4 of the phenyl ring.
βk-2C-B belongs to the 2C family of phenethylamines which contain methoxy groups on the 2 and 5 positions of the benzene ring.
|Avg. Mass||274.1112 Da|
|Monoisotopic Mass||273.000061 Da|
|βk-2C-B Duration Data|
Interactions and Synergies
There are no existing interaction or synergy data for this drug.
|Effects||Euphoria, empathy, insight, brightened colour, Closed/Open eye visuals, enhanced tactile sensation, mental/physical stimulation, decreased appetite, pupil dilation, restlessness, change in perception, ego softening, sweating/chills, muscle tension, confusion, insomnia.|
|Marguis Test Result|
Bk-2C-B likely acts as a 5-HT2A partial agonist. The psychedelic effects are believed to come from its efficacy at the 5-HT2A receptors. However, the role of these interactions and how they result in the psychedelic experience continues to remain elusive.
- Conceptual thinking
- Cognitive euphoria
- Emotion enhancement
- Immersion enhancement
- Increased music appreciation
- Memory suppression
- Novelty enhancement
- Personal bias suppression
- Thought loops
- Time distortion
- Unity and interconnectedness
- Drifting (melting, breathing, morphing and flowing)
- Colour shifting
- Depth perception distortions
- Perspective distortions
- Symmetrical texture repetition
- After images
- Brightness alteration
- Internal hallucination (autonomous entities; settings, sceneries, and landscapes; perspective hallucinations and scenarios and plots)
- Test purchase, identification and synthesis of 2-amino-1-(4-bromo-2, 5-dimethoxyphenyl)ethan-1-one (bk-2C-B) | http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/dta.1699/abstract
- Characterization of the designer drug βk-2C-B (2-amino-1-(bromo-dimethoxyphenyl)ethan-1-one) by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry without and with derivatization with 2,2,2-trichloroethyl chloroformate, liquid chromatography/high-resolution mass spectrometry, and nuclear magnetic resonance (PubMed.gov / NCBI) | https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26395784
- #20 2C-B: 4-Bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine (PiHKAL) | http://isomerdesign.com/PiHKAL/read.php?id=20
- "Gesetz zur Bekämpfung der Verbreitung neuer psychoaktiver Stoffe" (PDF) (in German). Bundesanzeiger Verlag. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
- "Anlage NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
- "§ 4 NpSG" (in German). Bundesministerium der Justiz und für Verbraucherschutz. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
- Psychoactive Substances Act 2016 (Legislation.gov.uk) | http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2016/2/contents/enacted
Information made possible with:
- PsychonautWiki is a community-driven online encyclopedia that aims to document the field of psychonautics in a comprehensive, scientifically-grounded manner.
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive drugs
- PubChem National Center for Bio Informatics
- Chemspider is a free chemical structure database providing fast access to over 34 million structures, properties and associated information.
Additional APIs were used to construct this information. Thanks for ChemSpider, NCBI, PubChem etc.
Data is constantly updated so please check back later to see if there is any more available information on this substance.